Vitamins & Supplements Community
Max daily VitD dose, max vit D level

Vitamins are substances that your body needs to grow and develop normally; if you have low levels of certain vitamins, you may develop a deficiency disease. Supplements can also be important to provide your body with extra nutrients depending on the activities you do. Discuss topics including vitamin deficiency, food to counter vitamin deficiency, sufficient vitamin levels, and supplements.

Max daily VitD dose, max vit D level

what is the max daily vit D dose and what is the max blood level?
wikipedia seems to say that 4000IU is the max daily dose but I've taken 50000/wk at times from my doctor
I've read experimental studies about vit D helping lung disease at higher levels than what is considered safe.
Vitamin D is becoming more well understood now.  It used to be that experts thought you needed only a small amount; newer research is changing this belief. However, Vitamin D is fat soluble, not water soluble, which means it can accumulate in the body and cause overdose.  It seems like 2000 IU is generally considered safe for most people in northern climates.  Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable going a lot higher than that on a regular basis without the direction of a doctor and my levels being monitored.  It's a little more complicated than straight "vitamins" because it acts like a hormone in the body.
I've been taking 5000IU/day which is above the wikipedia recommended dose of 4000.  I was prescribed 50000 pills for a week, but it can cause kidney damage at higher doses I read on wikipedia.
I just can't find anything to stop my wheezing or help my sleep apnea...  I also don't get a lot of natural sunlight