Vitamins & Supplements Community
Multiple Mild Vitamin Deficiencies HELP!!!!

Vitamins are substances that your body needs to grow and develop normally; if you have low levels of certain vitamins, you may develop a deficiency disease. Supplements can also be important to provide your body with extra nutrients depending on the activities you do. Discuss topics including vitamin deficiency, food to counter vitamin deficiency, sufficient vitamin levels, and supplements.

For the past 4 years I have been plagued by symptoms which include chronic stomach pain, brain fog, difficulty swallowing, metallic taste, depression, insomnia, etc. I have seen over 30 doctors without a clear cut answer, and recently have been diagnosed with a b12, b5, zinc, folate, vitamin d, and vitamin c deficiencies. Could these deficiencies be the reason for my symptoms? Right now I am taking about 12 vitamins a day and have been for the past 3 weeks. When should I expect a recovery? I have been told it could take up to 6 months. After my second week I did feel some relieve in symptoms but now I feel terrible again. I just want my life back. This whole medical disaster happened after I contracted mono any feedback would be wonderful. BTW I am also taking .5 grain of Armour Thyroid meds.

Cheers,
Matt
Yes, it's possible that it might take 6 months for the vitamin to kick in.  Mean time try eating plain yogurt for your stomach make sure it's greek style yogurt.  And try drinking some aloe juice 2x a day once in the morning and once in the evening.  Make sure the aloe juice is at room temp. and buy the brand named:  Lilly of the desert Preservative Free
Aloe Vera Juice (Whole Leaf) Start out with 1/8 cup for 3 days then go to 1/4 cup for 3 days and if you do not feel any refief than go to 1/2 cup for 3
months.  This should work.  Change your diet to organic if you can or least
buy some organic fruits and veg. and chicken.  Try to eat less sugar.  Let me know how you are doing.  I also have other ideas.  But try this first.
I had stomach problems for 50 years.  Must of seen 50 doctors with some help, but I had to find my own way.
I know sometimes we have to be our own drs. which is scary. I am just like you. Have  quite a few deficiencies after trying to find answers and dr. after dr. who just told me it was anxiety and depression. Then I had thorough blood work and found so many deficienes.
So now I take a multi-vitamin just the basics no extras like herbs etc. because i am on anti-depressants, for D deficiency on 10,000 iu for 2 weeks and then on 5,000 i.u. after that. For C. I take 1000 mg a day but the dr mentioned 3000 i think that is so much. So I have been trying my best to research all of the foods for my deficiencies for the vitamins too. then I take B-12 methyl sublingulal at 500 but will be raising to 1000 and I have to make sure my multi has the rest of the bs. I also take a probiotic eat yogurt. I have many more to take but i am taking it slowly and trying to get through food first. Maybe too many vitamins making you feel worse. I know sometimes after taking certain ones I feel worse and also need a nap. Maybe weed out what exactly you are low in and work from there and add a basic/mult vitamin. I have all of these symptoms also...
Hello, I wanna direct you to Please search on "Magnesium deficiency on You Tube as it will probably answer many of your questions. I am so blessed to have found Magnesium and I wanna share it with everyone who could benefit from it. . Most people think they have enough Mg because its in their multivit. but this is not true. Even if we eat the right foods, it still will not give us enough of the RDA 400 mg of Mg. In order to get these Vitamins in our system the right way, Mg, Ca and Vit D3 has to be in balance. Calcium is abundant in most food we eat, like dairy, cereals and so many food items are calcium enriched. Mg on the other hand has to be supplemented as the food we eat are no longer rich in Mg. If your Vit D is low, it does take time and large doses of Vit D to get there. My Vit D level was low, my MD had me take 1000 IU of VIt D and rechecked after a year.. there was no change in my level. So she had me take the 50,000 IU dosage for a number of weeks till my level was up to nl. My maintenance dose is 2000 IU a day. Magnesium also helps in depression, anxiety, panic attacks, body aches, fibromyalgia, tics, tremors, cramps, muscle twitchings, spasms and hundreds more. So if you get more educated on Magnesium you will find that Mg deficiency is responsible for a group of symptoms that are thought of as different / individual diseases. I learned a lot from reading "the Magnesium Miracle" of Dr. Dean.. read the reviews on Amazon,, same as "Transdermal Magnesium by Dr M Sircus. Since you sound like you have been searching, these books will get you there.
I wish you well. May Mg help you as much as it has relieved my friends and family of years of health issues that were undiagnosed.