Vitamins & Supplements Community
Vit d3 deficency
About This Community:

Vitamins are substances that your body needs to grow and develop normally; if you have low levels of certain vitamins, you may develop a deficiency disease. Supplements can also be important to provide your body with extra nutrients depending on the activities you do. Discuss topics including vitamin deficiency, food to counter vitamin deficiency, sufficient vitamin levels, and supplements.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vit d3 deficency

I have been ill for 12months so spent a lot of time in I decided to have vit d checked and it came back low 14 so now on supplement from doctor - does anyone know how long it will take to get back to normal levels what ever they are !! i HAV E SO MANY WEIRD SYMPTOMS eg tingling in legs / internal buzzing shaking feeling / pain in bladder ( no infection)/ extreme tirdness/ fatique/sometime brain fog /confusion !!!! and so it goes on I just want to be well again !!!!!!!!!!!!
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1756321_tn?1377771734
I already answered your other question but i had your other symptoms, and many more, from magnesium deficiency. I had a painful bladder for two years. I was on antibiotic prescriptions to cranberry drinks/supplements. Nothing worked.  Within 1 week of magnesium, 50% improved bladder pain! It took a while longer for complete relief of bladder pain. I can't say how long but within 3 months my 50 + symptoms were gone.
Blank
2200173_tn?1339843759
My doctor tested for magnesium and said test normal so wont agree to a supplement !! dont know what to do !!
Blank
1756321_tn?1377771734
I bought a cheap bottle of magnesium from my supermarket by Nature's Own - magnesium chelated with amino acids. Other well absorbed forms of magnesium include citrate, taurate, glycinate. Avoid the cheap poorly absorbed magnesium oxide (4% absorption!). If you have kidney issues, check with your doctor if you decide to supplement.

From Ancient Minerals website:

"Among researchers, magnesium deficiency is known as the silent epidemic of our times, and it is widely acknowledged that definitive testing for deficiency remains elusive.  Judy Driskell, Professor, Nutrition and Health Sciences at the University of Nebraska, refers to this “invisible deficiency” as chronic latent magnesium deficiency, and explains:

"Normal serum and plasma magnesium concentrations have been found in individuals with low magnesium in [red blood cells] and tissues. Yet efforts to find an indicator of subclinical magnesium status have not yielded a cost-effective one that has been well validated."
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Vitamins & Supplements Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...