Vitamins & Supplements Community
Vitamin D..

Vitamins are substances that your body needs to grow and develop normally; if you have low levels of certain vitamins, you may develop a deficiency disease. Supplements can also be important to provide your body with extra nutrients depending on the activities you do. Discuss topics including vitamin deficiency, food to counter vitamin deficiency, sufficient vitamin levels, and supplements.

Vitamin D..

Hi all :) I was hoping to find some answers really! I have just had my blood work back for vitamin D and I was told my level was 15. I have been told to take 10,000iu daily for the next two months amd from then on 2000iu daily. The pain I get inmy legs is incredible, I was wondering if anyone has had a similar situation and what the outcome is? Also, is this a sign of Osteomalacia?? Thank you!!
I'm in a similar situation. The pain and parasthesias are annoying (or worse). The pain could be a sign of osteomalacia (or associated with osteopenia or osteoporosis), but it could also be due to a separate vitamin deficiency, such as B12. (I have both, and maybe more but haven't been tested yet.)

Do you know what is causing your deficiency? I'm being evaluated for celiac, since my dietary intake of both is more than adequate, and I have been cleared or liver/kidney problems that could cause vitamin deficiencies.

It takes a few weeks to really see improvements in how you feel, but you may notice a reduction in symptoms sooner. Good luck.