Vitamins & Supplements Community
What are good vitamins for hair?

Vitamins are substances that your body needs to grow and develop normally; if you have low levels of certain vitamins, you may develop a deficiency disease. Supplements can also be important to provide your body with extra nutrients depending on the activities you do. Discuss topics including vitamin deficiency, food to counter vitamin deficiency, sufficient vitamin levels, and supplements.

What are good vitamins for hair?

I take a multiple vitamin but I want to improve the texture of my hair and I was wondering if there are particular vitamins responsible for helping hair growth and sheen.
From what I understand, these vitamins are good for healthy hair!

Some of the healthy hair vitamins are as follows:
1.      Vitamin A – This healthy sebum in the scalp.
2.      Vitamin C –antioxidant / skin & hair health.
3.      Vitamin E –antioxidant that enhances scalp circulation.
4.      Biotin – This vitamin - produces keratin &  prevents hair loss
5.      Inositol – Vitamin keeps hair follicles healthy
6.      Niacin (Vitamin B3) – Vitamin allows scalp blood circulation
7.      Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) - This prevents graying /hair loss.
8.      Vitamin B6 – It prevents hair loss /create melanin for hair color
9.      Vitamin B12 - It prevents hair loss
Jibs thank you so much for the information I am loving this site already.  I know diet has gotta have an impact too, do you know of any foods that are good for hair as well along with the supplements?
There are vitamins specially formulated to emphasize the ones most beneficial for hair.  The best is probably Ultra Hair by Nature's Plus, but there are several.  Most are for hair, skin and nails combined.  As for texture, rosemary oil can be very beneficial.  Aubrey makes a good one.  Shea and cocoa butters are also beneficial, but gooey!  A chinese herb called Fo Ti, or Shen Min, is good for hair, but mostly for thinning hair.
I have taken the herb Fo Ti before, it was in a tea that I used to drink and I think is a good female tonic.  I had no idea it was beneficial for hair.  I have heard of Aubrey brand products but never tried them.  I saw those along with the Jason brand too but never tried either one.  Do you have a preference?
Aubrey is like a BMW, Jason is like a cheap Ford.  Aubrey is clean, without dangerous preservatives and the like, Jason is not much different than what you find in the drugstore.  And Fo Ti is actually a male tonic, not a female tonic.
I was reading because of the estrogenic properties of Fo-Ti it is helpful with women's menopause and actually used to help restore hair color which I always found to be interesting.  I did see some documentation too like you said that it helps with hair loss too.

I guess I need to try some Aubrey too.  Jason is so tempting because of the price.