What prenatal vitamins should I take.
I believe I may be pregnant but it is too soon to tell.  I wanted to start on prenatal vitamins as soon as possible even before my first doctors appt.  What is it that pregnant women should take.  I know folic acid is one of them but what else should I take.  It there a vitamin that has them all in one pill or do I have to take 5 different pills a day?  Thanks
There are a lot of companies, both over-the-counter and prescription, that make preformulated prenatals.  I would pick up one of those.  They generally want you to have additional folic acid (at least 800 mcg), and it can also often be helpful if they have extra iron (around 30).  My doctor let me take any prenatal I wanted; I ended up getting a prescription because I had a high deductible health plan and it was cheaper that way, but I would have preferred to take a whole foods based prenatal otherwise.  Congratulations on your pregnancy!