Vitamins & Supplements Community
What prenatal vitamins should I take.
About This Community:

Vitamins are substances that your body needs to grow and develop normally; if you have low levels of certain vitamins, you may develop a deficiency disease. Supplements can also be important to provide your body with extra nutrients depending on the activities you do. Discuss topics including vitamin deficiency, food to counter vitamin deficiency, sufficient vitamin levels, and supplements.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What prenatal vitamins should I take.

I believe I may be pregnant but it is too soon to tell.  I wanted to start on prenatal vitamins as soon as possible even before my first doctors appt.  What is it that pregnant women should take.  I know folic acid is one of them but what else should I take.  It there a vitamin that has them all in one pill or do I have to take 5 different pills a day?  Thanks
1972289_tn?1325881410
There are a lot of companies, both over-the-counter and prescription, that make preformulated prenatals.  I would pick up one of those.  They generally want you to have additional folic acid (at least 800 mcg), and it can also often be helpful if they have extra iron (around 30).  My doctor let me take any prenatal I wanted; I ended up getting a prescription because I had a high deductible health plan and it was cheaper that way, but I would have preferred to take a whole foods based prenatal otherwise.  Congratulations on your pregnancy!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Vitamins & Supplements Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...