protein
Ok, basically I'm 15 and I workout a lot. When I go to the gym I run on a treadmill then I lift a lot of weights for about 40 minuites. I can see some muscle building up and latley I've been drinking milkshakes with a lot of protein and some chicken after going to the gym.
I wanted to start taking whey protein shakes because ready made shakes are very expencive. ($4 or there abouts!). Any way can anyone tell me is it totaly safe and how much should I take to start off ?

Much Thanks, Conor
You're too young for supplements of any kind, and probably for the kind of exercise you're doing unless under the training of someone very knowledgeable in the differences between a developing body and a fully developed body.  Don't hurt yourself so young; you'll have plenty of time for that later!  Keep in mind most supplements have a lot of sugar in them, and if you're buying inexpensive ones, particularly at GNC, they may have hidden ingredients in them that can be very harmful.  The problem with excess protein at any age is it can adversely affect the kidneys and requires a lot of stomach acid to digest.  At your age you need a balanced diet (at any age, actually).  Remember, vegetables and certain fruits are very high in the antioxidants that protect you from damage, particularly from the lactic acid that forms during heavy exercise.  If you really want to do this see a nutritionist, but my own view is that you're just too young for either supplements or protein loading just to be more muscle bound.