Collagen Injection for Vocal Cord Paralysis
I am a 73 year old female and I lost my voice 16 months ago.  It was the first symptom of lung cancer. I have had chemo and radiation and am now in remission but still have no voice.  I speak in a whisper.  I recently had an appointment at the voice clinic.  Voice therapy is out of the question but the doctor told me that I was a good candidate for collagen injections into the paralysed cord.  I have ben told that the other benefits of having this done are:
(1) improved breathing
I have shortness of breath all the time except when at complete rest
(2)  improved swalllowing
I choke very easily when I swallow, especially on water. Sometimes I am just sitting still and I will choke on my own saliva.  My muscles are sore from coughing and choking.
(3) more energy
I use a lot of energy breathing, choking, and coughing.
(4) improved voice
If I end up with 1, 2 and 3 I have to place improved voice at the bottom of the list as the first 3 are so important my life would change significantly.
I have agreed to have the injections and am waiting for my appointment to have it done.
My question is - has anyone had these injections and, if so,  what improvements have you experiernced.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
tbrownarmywife joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 18
tbrownarmywife joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 09
justwannabeheard joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 22