Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia Community
Help Diagnosis Waldenstroms
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance (MGUS), multiple myeloma, and plasmapheresis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Help Diagnosis Waldenstroms

Can any oneone help me

Mum is 85yrs old and has been suffering with Waldenstroms Macroglobulinaemia for 10 yrs she had chemotherapy six yrs ago

having just had a check we have received a letter from the consultant who has reported Hb was dowm to 9.6 g/dl WBC 3.5 x 10/L and platelets 145 X 10.L .

Mum has declined treatment and the consultant has told her she runs the risk of developing bone marrow failure infact this looks in fact this is happening

Mum is nearly 86 lives independantly and does not want to take any drugs which will make her poorly she is happy she does get tired and has alot of bruising

Can someone tell me what will happen if she has no treatment if as a family we talked her into it would her life span be greater would she benefit get better than she is now

I would appreciated any assistance

Thank you

Daughter