Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Amino Acid shots

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Amino Acid shots

I have been hearing about these Amino Acid shots being used for weight loss, my question is does this really work? it sounds to good to be true what are the side effects? If you do take it how long should you take it for? Help I would like as much info as I can get about it. I am very interested in trying it but I dont want to end up cause more harm to my body then good. If anyone out there knows anything about it please fill me in. Thank you.
You know the old saying --- "If it seems to good to be true, it probably is"..........There is no "miracle pill" or shot that is going to make weight fall off you without some effort on your part.  

I'm not familiar with these shots you are referring to, but I will tell you, that even if you DO lose weight on them, most likely you will gain it all back as soon as you stop taking them, unless you begin making lifestyle changes -- meaning you change your diet and exercise to maintain any weight loss you do have.  

We advocate losing weight via a sensible diet and moderate exercise -- we'd love to have you join us in that endeavor, if you care to.  There are a lot of people here who have great ideas, there's lots of support, etc...........

Thanks so much for your answer Barb135.. Yes I would love to join your group how do I go about doing so???
Just stick around, read the posts, come up with whatever kind of exercise(s) you want to do, etc.  We'll help you with whatever you need help with, whether it be food, exercise, etc.  We all have things that work/don't work for us, so there's plenty of suggestions and encouragement.  

What do you do for exercise?  What type of exercise(s) do you enjoy?