Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Are cleanses good?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Are cleanses good?

I've been dieting and exercising for about 5 months and have lost 22 lbs so far, but this month I'm stuck at the same weight! I heard that a cleanse can help you jump start your weight loss again, is this true? Has anyone done any that really work? Help please!
For the most part, I don't think cleanses are necessary, or even good.

You might try changing up your food intake and exercise routines.  When you eat the same amount of calories or do the same exercises, the body tends to get used to it and doesn't work as efficiently.  

Try upping your calorie intake by 100 calories/day for a couple days, then drop it by that much.

When you do the same exercises every day, your body gets used to it and it's no longer a challenge.  Change the type of exercise you do, the duration and intensity.
I think cleanses can be really helpful. I used the Body Reset. A lot of times people get weight built up from unhealthy eating and a simple cleanse can get rid of toxins and get your digestive system back on track. I was able to shed 15 lbs in the process, which was really a awesome way to kick-start my weight loss journey.This might be a great option for you if you feel like you're at a standstill.
Hey i was also wondering of a good cleanser I could use at home. My name is rubi I'm new to this I'm 19 years old and weight! 164 I want to loose 25lb that's all but idle how I'm 5'3 and I want to lose them for may can someone give me like tips for healthy foods and exercises please!!! Thanks  
15 lbs! Wow! Yeah, I heard they helped also but I wasn't sure which one to do. There are so many out there. How long did you do the cleanse for?
845 calories for 5 meals a day and did 400 burn calories ... is that good for losing weight?
I'm no expert, but 845 calories doesn't seem like enough food. The calories you eat are supposed   to be based on your weight and height. They say that if you don't consume enough calories you will. make your body go into starvation mode and that will prevent you from losing any body fat, the only weight you would lose would be from muscles and that's the type we want to keep.