Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Biggest Loser at home weight lose program

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

I have been looking for a eating plan to lose some major weight. Has anyone tried this plan? If you have or are doing it now please let me know. I want someone to be stright forward with thier results. I have over 120 lbs to lose. Please let me know a.s.a.p Thank you :o)
I'm not sure what "plan" you are referring to.  

I have the Biggest Loser, Yoga for Weight Loss dvd and I love it.  Even though it's yoga, it will kick you butt.  LOL

We are always looking for good plans; maybe you could tell us more about it.  Is it something that one would be able to stick with over the long haul?  Usually if a plan is too strict, most people won't stay with it, or if you go off it, you risk regaining any weight lost.  

Where did you find the plan?  What all does it include?  
I don't know much about that plan, but I can tell you about mine.

I have been overweight all my life, and now at 22 years old I am 300 lbs. I have tried many things, I LOVE food, and like you I have a lot to lose.
I finally decided I needed help, and joined a Medical Weight Loss Clinic in Salt Lake City.
My 1 month check up was today, and I lost 21.6 pouinds so far!! It has been a little difficult adapting to not eating JUNK FOOD!! and Processed things like ANYTHING in a can haha.  But if I can do it I know anyone can.
It basically consists of weekly B-complex shots (b6/b12/small amount of HCG)
They prescribed Metformin due to insulin resistance (ALL my weight is mostly in my stomach.. looks very strange, honestly)
They also prescribed Phentermine, but I only take it sometimes, because with the foods you eat and the b vitamins, I'm not as hungry.

Foods I think are most important.  The trick is-- get in the habit of looking on the nutritional guide!!  You'll find all your favourite snacks have absurd amounts of fat and sodium.  I cut all that out, use only sea salt sparingly (need less for more flavor) and use MRS. DASH!! Salt free.
There has been a lot of back and forth about the high protein, but it really works for me.
They gave me a complete food list, along with some recipes, but the first week seems to be most important.  I lost 9 pounds that week!
It's basically a detox.  You eat only protein, green leafy vegetables, 2 oranges a day, (or 1/8 a cantelope 2x a day) and 2 eggs a day. Drink your 8 glasses of water or more!!  I never realized how important water is for weight loss. If you don't flush you system, it will keep excess water. 7 pounds of my lost weight was water so far (they do bioanalysis each month) and I think about 40 of my total weight is excess water as well!!

The diet gets easier. After the first 1-2 weeks, you can spread out what you eat.  You can subsitute favourites for very tasty healthy alternatives. I'm no vegetarian, but "VEGGIE CHEESE" is almost no fat, no cholesterol and has protein!  Also Sara Lee 45cal bread tastes great.

There are lots of alternatives like this that can help you still eat things you like. Try to eat every 3-5 hours as that is how long it takes to burn the protein, and try to eat 30-35g per meal! Non-starchy vegetables and try to eat 1 or 2 pieces of fruit a day. Dieting does not have to be hard!  As long as you're dedicated to really scrutinzing the food you eat, there is still a LOT of food out there.

Fish is great, mahi-mahi has a lot of protein, and boiled mashed califlower is delicious and a low carb, low fat alternative to mashed potatoes!  Be warey of "LOW-FAT" or "LOW-CARB" on a box, always check the Nutritional value!  And remember FAT IS GOOD and neccessry, but try to look for Monounsaturated fat or Polyunsaturated fat and NOT plain saturated or trans fat.

Also I get AT LEAST 30 minutes of cardio 3x a week (a brisk walk is acceptable) .. and with all this I can see serious results!  I hope some of this helped you, just know that it is possible as long as you try to enjoy yourself best you can, and are motivated.  

Just imagine, if you dedicated a little time to getting yourself healthy, as soon as you start seeing results, your Motivation SKY ROCKETS!  And gets ridiculously easy from there.  I could eat a whole pizza myself and enjoy every bit of it, but after everything I've done to lose these first 20lbs, I'm not even attracted to the idea!  

One things that helped me though, that my weight loss counselor told me, is that "2 cookies did not make you overweight. So do not get discouraged or freak out if you "cheat". Allow yourself a little room for mistakes, and just keep at it, and the results will show."
Dog
Thank you, for your commits. It was very interesting and very helpful to me.  You make it sound so simple and I can do it too.  
Cat
Hi :)  I've been following the Biggest Loser and their tips for a few years, and have gone from 240 pounds to 162. I work out to Jillian Michael's dvds and have a BodyMedia armband like BL contestants do. I highly recommend doing this. I do the Jillian Body Revolution. I eat what I want pretty much but do limit the bad carbs and eat a lot of good carbs. I take a good vitamin D with K2 powder with water every day, along with a multi-vitamin with iron and extra B vitamins. I exercise only an hour a day, 30-45 minutes of cardio and a half hour of weight training each day for a total of 5 days a week. Give it time, voila! From 240 lbs to 162! And I was recognized by a healthcare company in my state for my achievements, and I know you can do this! :)  Message me, anytime!