Birth Control
I am 31 years old.  I have OCD.  I was writing to find out what the best birth control pill might be for me.  I had a problem with acne in teenage years, but it seems to be under control now, not sure if its becuase the pill or not.  I have had a low sex drive lately also.  

I was debating between Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri Cyclen or Othro Tri Cyclen Lo.. I am currently on Ortho Cyclen but I was thinking why am I pumping all this hormones into my body each month.  

Me and my partner also use condoms as backup.

I am even willing to try other brands if 1 is better?

I guess I just dont under the difference between them all and the effect on your body good/bad.

Thanks!
Hi!
It is difficult to say which brand is better and which is not. Depending on the hormone levels in your body and whether you have polycystic ovaries, hypothyroidism, diabetes etc or not, your gynecologist recommends a birth control pill. It is good that you use condoms as back up support. Pills are better at preventing pregnancies with no role in preventing STDs while condoms are better at preventing STDs and may result in pregnancy if they break or leak. So,  please discuss with your doctor about which pills would suit you better. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.