Carbs. VS. Sugar
Which is better to be counting? So if i count the sugars then i got more carbs and if i take out the carbs. I have sugar man its confusing and hard lol!! So just wanted opinions see what yall think even if even matters or what!! I'm doing ok so far but I am learning new stuff all the time!! this is my first poll also so if i mess up im sorry lol!!

4
1. Carbs.

0
2. Sugars

2
3. Both

1
4. Neither/Other
Carbs already includes sugar so all you need to count is carbs.
Really? i thought when u did the carbs  you had add the sugars as well! and i thought it was 2 seperate things that some peeps watch the carbs and some watch the sugars thats why i was lost! i wanted to try to cut bk on sugars since i want the belly fat gone but if all you need to watch is carbs thats great!!
CARBS and sugars are the same as the above poster said.  However, keeping away from the "sugars" is better for you...Count the carbs but check the sugars also...look at it this way...it is the sugar that goes straight to your hips...carbs are necessary, but it small quantities....also check fiber...the higher the better!  it almost like "offsets" the carbs.
I think i wud count the carbs...very intersting question though..
I'm diabetic, so for me, I have to count carbs.  Carbohydrates turn into simple sugars (if I remember right?) after being digested by the body for energy.  The type of diabetic diet I'm on, if there's 5g of fiber or more in a food item, the grams of fiber get subtracted from the total amount of carbs in the food.  For instance, fiberOne cereal has 13g fiber and 45g carbs.  The 13g fiber gets subtracted from the 45g carbs, which equals out to 32g carbs total for the serving of FiberOne.  (I can't remember exact amounts of fiber and carbs--so I guessed for this example).
TY Guys!! That helps alot!!  i am trying watch the sugars as well!!
It's all turned to sugar eventually, but there's a difference in how long it takes for various things to break down and enter the blood stream.  Sugars are included with the total carbs but both need to be considered separately.  Sugar is a simple carb that goes almost straight to the blood and if not used quickly enough will turn to fat; therefore, if you have something that has, say, 26 grams total carbs, with 25 grams of sugar and 1 gram of fiber, it would be best to pass that up - none of us (whether diabetic or not) needs that much sugar. Other simple carbs are turned to sugar fairly quickly also - that includes white bread, chips, pastries made with white flour, white rice, etc.  These are also broken down fairly quickly, will raise your blood sugar quickly and like sugar, will often result in a "crash" a short time later.    

On the other hand, if you go for fiber (35 grams recommended daily), protein, or complex carbs (which includes fiber), you will get filled up more quickly and because it takes the body longer to break these down, you will feel fuller longer and will be less likely to have the "crash" that comes with eating sugar or other simple carbs.  Complex carbs include things like oatmeal, bran, some beans, peas, etc. It would be very simple to do a search for a more extensive list of complex carbs.

Another thing to keep in mind when reading your food labels is to watch for all the different "names" that are used for sugar, including, but not limited to: corn syrup, dextrose, sucrose, etc.  Again do a search to get a more extensive list.    

Absolutely A m A z I n G topic, poll and answers!!!  

The only addition would be that people on low carb diets normally have their triglycerides within normal ranges; this is one of the most reliable results in selecting a low carb way of eating.

Too much fructose in our diet tends to increase blood triglycerides and is a risk factor for heart disease.