Weight Loss & Dieting Community
DAY 1 - MOTIVATION AND MORE - THANKSGIVING CHALLENGE

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

3667541?1226926898
Today is DAY 1 and we're off and ready to go!  How exciting that the members of this community voted to have this challenge go THROUGH Thanksgiving rather than up to Thanksgiving.  It speaks well of the dedication and commitment to healthy eating and making this a lifestyle change, not a quick fix.

Here are your Motivation and More Links for today.  

Motivation Message - http://www.ranaesheart.com/2000/11/thanksgiving-weight-loss-challenge-day.html

Ranaesheart Message - Food for thought and challenge instructions - http://www.ranaesheart.com/2000/11/thanksgiving-weight-loss-challenge_3808.html

Games - This is just for fun and has nothing to do with the challenge other than to provide a little relaxation and frivolity around the Thanksgiving theme.  http://www.ranaesheart.com/2000/11/thanksgiving-weight-loss-challenge_16.html  Enjoy today's game .. it will help improve your memory.

This is the thread to post daily your participation, your thoughts, your progress, any difficulties or triumphs and to post information, encouragement and motivation to your teammates.  Don't forget to tell us your blessings now and then and there's a new little turkey note that you can invite your friends to join in and send Turkey motivation and encouragement notes to each other.

Thank YOU for participating; what value we have in the friendships we have!!!  
Hiya! I am here! I have not yet read all the link i will you blog looks amazing! I had no idea you had lost 150lbs that is great and big big achivement WTG!! Well yesterday i did have around 1400 calories (the website wasnt letting me log in so thats a guess) i did feel better although im still worried since im not quite getting enough exercise just yet. I started on my dance video games again but it takes time to work up that game is very tiring. I had no idea the WII fit has a built in scale i really cant wait to get one now thats a great idea i think then you can constantly keep measures. I cannot find my wii sports game however and i really want to do it cus it can work you arms and give a somewhat of a workout so i guess motivation will be dig through every box till it pops up lol! Blessings? Is that what i am thankful for? If so i can say i am thankful everything has gone so well for me and dh to move and have our own home and im thankful that my father is still with us today cus he had a heart attack in September and if i had not been going over there that day who know what would have happened he would have gone to work alone had the attack there and died so im very thankful he 's here!!
I cannot wait to read the links .. they really are so inspirational!

Thanks for taking the time to put all this together for all of us Ranae!

C~
gokuangel ~ Glad to see you are trying to take in 1,400 calories .. you will do better there than with less calories.  As for the exercise, anything will do.  Walk, step up a stair and down a stair and up a stair and down a stair .. make a game out of touching your toes and laugh when you get out of breath.  It's really all about attitude and exercising can be fun .. it doesn't have to be a "chore".  

Love your attitude and humor and yes, the hunt for the sports game can give you a workout depending on how many boxes you have to go through and how quickly you move through them.  I've been cleaning here and boxing up clothes from sz 14 - 30/32 .. it's incredible the workout I get from upstairs, downstairs, packing boxes here and there.  It's fun, I get to even sweat .. and I'm getting something accomplished as well.

As for your dad, that is indeed a wonderful blessing and I'm sooo happy for you!  Don't need to tell you to enjoy him .. mine passed away in February and there is never enough time.  I, am most thankful he was my dad.  He was the rock of the family and his only joy was caring and providing for his family.  A man of integrity and honor .. steadfast love and unending support .. I am most blessed.

ChitChat ~ So very happy to see you here and you are certainly welcome.  Hmmm .. thinking .. thinking .. brainstorming .. think I need a partner in crime for the Christmas challenge ..

(((Many HUGGSSS)))
I WAS thinking, "what a shame we're starting when I'm not feeling very optimistic or positive."  DUH!!! What a super duper blessing! I am so happy to have the encouragement of this forum. Ranae, thanks for all the work you do! Like ChitChat said, I can't wait to go read the links. I just wanted to check in first. I'm feeling more optimistic by the moment!