Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Detox Fasting
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Detox Fasting

Hello all!  I'm having a lot of trouble kick starting my new life changes (eating healthy, exercising, etc.) and I thought maybe a fast was in order.  I read about a juice fast where you drink so many ounces every 30 minutes to an hour which keeps you from feeling too hungry and prevents your body from going into starvation mode and burning your muscle instead of fat.  It's a fast you do for 2-3 days max and some people say they feel a lot better and more energized afterward.  My biggest obstacles are over-eating and eating fast food all the time, so I thought I could do this fast for a weekend and then start fresh on Monday with the 5 mini-meal method instead of what I'm doing now.  Maybe this could help me break the habit of eating the way I do and get me working toward a healthy diet.  Has anyone tried this or know someone who has?  If so, what were your/their experiences?
Tags: fasting, detox