Exercise after a c-section
Hello all, I'm new here and would like some advice. It's was 6 weeks ago today I had my little girl Amber by elective c-section. Have healed well and am keen to get my body back in shape! I'm pretty much back to my pre-pregnancy weight but my tummy muscles are very soft, and sticks out over the scar. Does anyone know how I can get rid of the unsightly lip? I also want to loose another 10-15lbs to get to my perfect weight.
Any diet advice? Or specific exercising I can do? I'm also a vegetarian, and its not true that we are all skinny!! :-)
Hi there...... you need to talk to your doctor about whether or not it's actually safe for you exercise yet.  

I'd suggest that you look into some yoga videos or classes.  Yoga is great for toning muscles, and also helps with weight loss.  Walking is also excellent.  Since it's summer time, put the baby in a stroller and hit the sidewalk; pushing the stroller will even help exercise your arms.  

As for diet, a good healthy diet, with plenty of protein, lots of veggies, etc will be good.  Figure out how many calories you need then drop a few, so you'll be in weight loss mode.

If you drink soda, eliminate that from your diet; switch to water.  Switch to whole grain breads, pasta and brown rice, instead of white.  Baking/grilling meat is best.  

Fresh veggies are best, but if you can't do that, frozen is next best.  Canned is least desirable, because of the salt content.
Definitely talk to your doctor, I wasn't cleared for exercise for either of my c-sections for 8 weeks, and even then it was just cardio, she said probably 12 weeks before direct abdominal workouts.