Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Feeling cold?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Feeling cold?

I have just started a diet and exercise routine and have started losing weight quite rapidly over the past week or so. I have noticed that I now feel colder than I usually do and I'm always wearing thicker clothes than everyone else. However while exercising I perspire more than I used to (or maybe I'm just working harder than I did in the past). Is this normal for rapid weight loss?
Rapid weight loss is not good for your health.  A loss of 1-2 pounds/week is considered safe; more than that could be hazardous.  It could be that you have upset your system by losing too much, too quickly, so that might explain your feeling cold.  

How much weight have you lost and how quickly did you lose it?
I'm trying to lose the weight the right way. I am eating healthily and have started working out daily.Which for me is a huge increase in physical activity. I have an office job so exercise wasnt something I went out of my way to do. I'm not following a fad diet either, just eating right.

I have been doing a lot of cardio training and always follow that up with light weight training. I have been targeting my heart rate to 80-90% of my max heart rate.

For the first 11 days I lost about 2 pounds. Then I lost 11 pounds in the following 6 days.

I was VERY surprised when I weighed myself. I had set myself a mini goal to lose 6 pounds over a 3 week period but I lost that plus more.

I am over weight and I have a very high fat percentage. I havent lost any muscle mass (I have one of those high tech scales that has weight, bone and muscle mass, water weight etc). So it seems that it is fat I'm losing.

I'm not feeling very good though, I have chills, headache and fatigue.
Do you know how many calories you are eating/day?  
I'm not eating very many calories at all. I am eating but mostly vegies (very low calorie veg but as much as I can eat) and  about 200g of very lean meat, I would say that Im lucky to get 400 calories a day. I have also been drinking a pre exercise women's protein shake that helps with muscle aches but it doesn't have many calories and no fat or carbs.

I have one of those flash watches that monitors my heart rate and based on that calculates how many calories I burn during my work out and I have been averaging around 1600 calories burned.

So I guess its about  400 calories in and 1600 burnt during vigorous exercise each day.
400 calories is a starvation diet and you could do your body great harm.  Your body requires a certain number of calories just to live - that's to maintain heart rate, kidney, lung, brain functions, digestion and other bodily functions.