Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Flexitarian/vegetarian diet?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Flexitarian/vegetarian diet?

Has anyone had any success with either flexitarian diets or vegetarian diets? My plan is to cut out red met for my heart health and to feel better in general. I want to fast one day a week and also want to juice one day a week. I want to lose 20 lbs. I will be starting yoga as well. Basically I want to better myself as a person and stop taking in processed sugars and foods. Any pointers/tips for a 20 year old female?
Hi!
A flexitarian diet or a pure vegetarian diet can be good. However, you can eat lean cuts of meats other than red meat, fish (very heart healthy is eaten steamed or baked), chicken and eggs without the yolk. You should fast only if it acts as a stress buster for you. If fasting builds up stress or results in binge eating the next day, it is best avoided.
Also, apart from yoga you need to exercise regularly. You need to start slow and then build up stamina as the days progress. A combination of aerobic, strength training and stretches works best. Many people find it difficult to fit an exercise regimen into their lives. The best way is to join a gym. If that is not possible, try building exercise into your daily life. If you lead a busy life, then walk to work, or to bus stand etc, climb stairs instead of using lifts, walk while talking on cell phone, or briskly walk to any place you are going to. See how you can change your lifestyle to incorporate exercise. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
MH Community Mgr is off for the night. Comment
KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
Jun 30
Track your weight over time