Gain weight
how can I gain weight? I am a mother of 2 children and I've always been skinny...i gain weight easily and loose it easily
Hi!
Thinness and fitness are two different things. One can be thin and yet fit, whereas on can be fat and unhealthy. What is important is that the weight should not be below the normal percentile for your age, waist circumference and height. If that is the case the probably you do not eat well. If you eat well, you may be having worms in the stool. Hence a stool test is a must.
If, for your height age etc you are underweight, then one cause could be genetic. If your family in general is thin and skinny, there is nothing much you can do about it. Even without genetic predominance, some people are light weight. The other factors are presence of diseases like diabetes, hyperthyroidism, tuberculosis, poor diet, eating disorders, malabsorption syndromes, and cancers. Worms in stool is another cause.
You can consult your doctor regarding this and eliminate these causes of low weight. If all is fine, consult a nutrition expert and build up a good diet program. A physical fitness trainer then can help you gain some muscle mass. However do not go for this unless the medical causes are ruled out because you may need to modify the diet and exercise program according to the problem you have. Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.