Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Gluten free weight supplements

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Gluten free weight supplements

I have been on a gluten free ;high protein weight loss regimen for a year including adipex and have not lost weight.  I do not get a lot of sleep and have a busy social life. Please provide tips on emergency health foods and supplements to use while on the go which is most of the week.
Hi!
Honestly speaking no diet supplements can actually help you lose weight. Also, if you have PCOD or hypothyroidism or adrenal gland problems or diabetes, then also, you may find losing weight difficult. Hence, if you are not losing weight, you need to find out whether you suffer from any of these.

Many supplements have hidden calories. These too make it difficult for you to lose weight. I suggest you eat frequent small meals and stop counting calories. It is best to eat lots of fruits and non-starchy green veggies, go slow on fats, eat carbohydrates in moderation and increase your protein intake (lean cuts, whites of eggs etc). Drink plenty of water and non fattening fluids such as clear soups etc. Look for hidden calories in salads and soups and avoid them (eg: cheese, butter, dressings etc).

Also, you need to exercise regularly. A combination of aerobic, strength training and stretches works best. If you lead a busy life, then walk to work, or to bus stand etc, climb stairs instead of using lifts, walk while talking on cell phone, or briskly walk to any place you are going to. See how you can change your lifestyle to incorporate exercise. Hope this helps. Take care!