Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Going Back To The Gym--Again!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Going Back To The Gym--Again!

Well, I'm no stranger to the gym. Just have not been in a few years! Shame on me and I have let my body go as well. I'm 240 lbs at 5'0. Yes, I know I'm fat (obese)--and cute too! Lol! Seriously! I know what to do to lose weight and what to eat. I just been so depressed and had so many life changes--I've turned to SWEETS! With me? Its not food! Its anything sweet! Which I have cut back on a GREAT deal with God's help and support of others. But, since I have been outta the loop for a while. I'm just wondering how many times a day should I start working back out?--so I won't kill myself. And what area of the gym should I start back working in? All feedback is welcomed!
Tags: working out, obese, life style change, Weight Loss, Fitness, Toning Up, Gym
Hi!!

I would say to speak with the staff at your gym just to get another run down of proper form with weights. Weight training (which builds muscle) burns more fat than cardio so I would recommend spending most of your gym time doing weights. You can google specific moves to train your trouble areas and then do some cardio. In my opinion the stair climber is the best cardio machine you can use but it isn't easy (at least not for me) try 15 mins at like level 5. If that's not too difficult you can add on time or increase the level. I would aim for an hour to an hour and a half workout 3 times a week for a couple weeks before increasing. See how your body feels.

Welcome back and good luck :-)
WTG.. Yoo Hoo ..

Although I don't have answers I wanted to stop by and say hello!

C~
Well, hello and thanks for speaking. Still looking for answers. Lol!
Hi!!

Welcome back and good luck :-)
Thank you very much for your detailed input and I will take your advice! It is greatly appreciated!
My pleasure!

I'm trying to get into a class (found a gym finally that has classes after noon!) like spinning or zumba. I feel like there can be a bit of a competitive vibe for me being with other people versus juse exercising by myself where I'm not pushing myself as hard as I could.

If this is an option for you I'd look into that as well. Spinning is intense. Hard to get in though (for me at least) unless you're at the gym 30 mins ahead of time! Sheesh.
Just peeking in :-)

I hope things are well with you. I remember your note on being unable to increase your activity much at this point. Perhaps this is the time to focus on your nutrition. Cooking can be fun :-) Still learning how to eat more healthily myself so.. best of luck!