Weight Loss & Dieting Community
HCG - Where to get it?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

HCG - Where to get it?

I'm going to try the simeons weight loss cure protocol and the book specifically states that the hcg you use must be extracted from urine and not from the placenta.  I've gone to several web sites but all of their hcg is extracted from the placenta - at least that's what their tech chat guys say...

anyone have any idea where I can purchase hcg that is extracted from urine and not placenta?
Thanks.
Forget it!  It's just the latest fad and all you'll lose is your money.  Eat healthy and exercise at least six days a week for an hour a day in your target range.
you've got to be kidding me.  listen to yourself!  listen to what you're asking!  

"hello, i'm Mel Internet User and i want to lose weight.  instead of going about my weight loss goals through the safe, effective and proven methods of diet and exercise, i am going to mail-order some pregnancy hormones that have been extracted from someone else's urine and will take this substance to accelerate my weight loss"

say it 3 times out loud and then ask yourself... is this really the answer i'm looking for?
Why are you guys being so mean? Have you ever done any research on hcg? Or are you too busy making uneducated judgements?

You just want to be sure its not oral. Pregnyl is a good form of hcg. Look on www.communitycures.com

Good Luck!
turbo i'd be happy to hear your positive thoughts on why HCG is a helpful, safe, effective way for the average individual to lose weight.  if i'm wrong i'm the first person to admit it.  here's your chance to convince me i should rethink my opinion of this substance.
I am currently doing this protocol and it is amazing.  I have lost 10 pounds but even better I have lost 17 inches!!  Do more google searches, specifically for forums on hcg, there are some on yahoo.  You'll find lots of info and lots of helpful people who are doing the diet with amazing success who would be more than happy to help yopu out with USEFUL information!
This is a forum for natural weight loss.  Try the other forum.
I am a 62 year old female who is on the Simeons Protocol Diet.  First of all, I did Phase I of  Kevin Trudeau's Diet Book.  When I started Phase II, I printed out Dr. ATW Simeons "Pounds and Inches"n and followed it EXACTLY as he instructed.  When I say EXACTLY, that is what I mean.  I did not use the small 1/2" Insulin needle as the HCG companies say to use (you can buy your own, you don't need to buy theirs).  Simeons said to use a 2" needle so that the HCG will go into the muscle.  I felt a 1/2" needle - though easier to look at and use - would not go deep enough to hit the muscle.  I purchased 1 ml syringes with 1/2" pop-off needles and 1 1/2" needles (largest I could find)  and once I filled barrel of the syringe, I switched the small needle to the larger one.  Although the needle may look scarey and feel awkward to handle at first, I have had NO PROBLEM whatsoever with it.  In fact, I've now had 26 shots of which only the last two have I felt - and that was a little sting.  Of course, I'm 24 POUNDS LIGHTER now and attribute the sting to less fat in the injection area.   As an added note, I have Hypogycemia (low blood sugar) and High Blood Pressure.  I stopped all medications when I started Phase I and still have not taken any.  My Blood Pressure averages 122/72 and I monitor it twice daily.  Neither have I had any low blood sugar episodes. Also, I never get hungry.     I don't advise anyone to stop their medications without discussing it with their doctor, but it worked for me.  My advice is to read EVERY WORD of "Pounds and Inches"  and follow it completely - no lotions, no creams, etc etc etc.  I still have about 22 pounds to go so I'll be doing a second phase of this after I finish this session and an interium of 6 weeks.  And yes, I'm looking forward to it.  As an added bonus, I quit smoking as well when I started this diet.  Good Luck.
Looking for some help in finding out how I can get it in Canada.  Please let me know.  

I am going to be following the protocol to the letter and want to get some HCG
I purchased my first session from GHI Medical on-line at a hefty cost of $699 USD.  This was $462 for services (bloodwork, paperwork, and their Dr's signature on the prescription) and $237 for the HCG.  It would have been more had I not refused their needles.  When I spoke to them about the cost of the second session of shots, I was told it would cost $300.  I then researched on-line for HCG and found it (Pregnyl) at Roid4sale.com.  Although you can purchase different size amounts by clicking on the product,  I purchased (2) 5000 i.u. ampoules which came with a solvent that did not have a long shelf life, but I purchased it anyway as the powder comes in a separate vial.  I just threw the solvent away.  THIS COST ME EXACTLY $65.85 USD.  I found the Bacteriostatic Solvent at HCGSupplies.com.  The Bacteriostatic Solvent can be purchased alone or with needles and swabs at prices starting at $20 . This website has wonderful instructions as well.  Hope this info helps.
Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is a peptide hormone produced in pregnancy, that is made by the embryo soon after conception and later by the syncytiotrophoblast (part of the placenta).

That is what you want to put in your body?
I LOST 31 LBS OF FAT-IN 45 DAYS.
IT WORKS -- SEEMINGLY FOR EVERYONE.
I WORK WITH MANY OF THE UFC FIGHTERS-THEY DID IT AND SWEAR BY IT.
THE hCG IS A PHARMACEUTICAL GRADE - PROTEIN ISOLATE.
SO FOR YOU IDIOTS WHO DEBUNK IT-YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.
STAY FAT.
Why pay hundred's to lose weight.  When Kevin Trudeau mapped it out quite well.  

Buy his book or read "Pounds and Inches"

Buy cheap HCG Supplies at http://www.hcgsupplykits.com
Since we, on this forum advocate weight loss primarily through a sensible diet and moderate exercise, this topic might be better on the Weight Loss Alternatives forum.  I'm sure you will also find more people there who are familiar with this method of weight loss and they will be able to give ideas on where to get the products as well as various ideas regarding the use.  Happy weight loss to all.............

Ok everyone, time to drop this. Look at the profiles of the people advocating this HCG bollocks--they don't have anything in their profiles and post nothing else; it's all just a scam by some people trying to sell this BS diet. I would hope we can all be reasonably intelligent and not fall into paying hundreds of dollars to swindlers, spammers and con-artists. Use your head and use your body. Burn more than you take in, and that's all there is to it.
HCG is a natural hormone extracted from the human body. It boosts your metabolism and you end up absorbing almost 1500 calories in fat a day. Many people lose almost a pound a day. Thats why you can maintain a VLCD.
http://www.hcgslimagain.com
Not sure how that last poster came to single me out!!
I did HCG injections for 6 weeks and lost 30 + pounds on it. Your body thinks it's pregnant and burns a lot of stored fat. You only lose fat and not muscle. I got my supplies from a local OBGYN doctor I work with in the medical community. HCG is a safe way to lose weight, and you will lose weight! The side effects of using it are: irritability (from unbalanced hormones), and weakness. You burn 2,000 calories a day so you can't eat more than 500 calories a day or you will gain weight. I sometimes ate a little more than I was suppose to due to traveling and being away from home. It didn't stop my weight loss, but slowed it down to about 1 pound or less a day. You don't get hungry, so when you have an urge to eat, it's probably from old habits, triggers, stress, etc. My triglycerides dropped as well as my blood pressure. I would highly recommend it.

Oprah has a source she recommends on her website that's suppose to be the real thing and safe. Here's one website: http://************.*** in Arizona.
This statement is just ignorance.  The hCG hormone has been studied for over 50 years and is normally in the human body during pregnancy.  This is how babies can continue to grow and be healthy while their mother is throwing up for over 3 months and not able to take in enough calories a day.  

Although the hCG diet has been proven safe, there are doctors out there that provide the pharmaceutical grade hCG in injection form.  These doctors also check for deficiencies and imbalances to make sure you continue to lose weight in a safe manner.  While on the diet you maintain a VLCD.  Very Low Calorie Diet consists of 500 calories a day with measured amounts of protein.  The hormone allows you to burn your fat stores as calories and are broken down into fats and amino acids to provide your body with what it needs for the day.  

Don't let anyone break you down, and hopefully you have been able to lose your weight.
A lot of us are not the average individual. I was a triathlete before becoming disabled and gaining an extra 140 pounds once I could no longer walk.
I can walk again but the pain is to much to exercise enough to reboot my metabolism and I am sure there are many out there in the same boat as I am.