HOW TO PUSH YOURSELF TO WEIGHT LOSS!!!
I was the one who just ate because it was there, I work in the medical field and not severely overweight but can afford to lose like 25-30 pounds.  I decided to challenge myself with the help of God I am persevering when I started I weighed 208 lbs currently I am 195 I am not at my goal but I am moving in the right direction.  I had to challenge myself by first seeing how food is for nutrition purposes to nourish your body to live, I wasn't eating to live I was eating strictly for enjoyment the I realized my self esteem was severely dwindling and I decided to seek inside myself with the help of God to see how I viewed food and my self image. I realize that what was holding me back from being the woman I can be totally for God, for myself, to my future husband, and my business.  I began to set small goals for myself like stop the snacking at work, so I started pushing myself a little longer from snacking, until I no longer wanted to and then when I saw my weight decreasing and staying off I then found my niche and as the weight came off I kept setting goals that were easier and easier to conquer.  I would like to hear your shortcomings and over-comings please reply! :-)  
First of all, congratulations on your recent weight loss; that's a big accomplishment.

Eating IS for nourishment, but it should also be pleasurable.  The act of eating, not only nourishes your body, but also your mind and increases your sense of well being.

Setting small goals, is an excellent way to lose weight, since small goals are easier to reach.  It's much easier to think of losing 5 pounds than it is to think of losing 50 pounds, which can seem daunting.  Once you've reached the first goal of 5 pounds, it's easier to reset the goal for another 5 pounds.

In addition, making small changes helps, much  more than trying to make huge ones.  Too many times, we "go on a diet", and while weight is lost, most people don't stay on the "diet" forever, so weight is regained once the person goes off the diet.  What we really need to do is make lifestyle changes that we can live with for life.

Small changes can include exchanging sodas for water, candy bars for carrot or celery sticks or an apple if you're looking for something sweet, along with many more.  You can even start this slowly; if you normally drink 3 sodas/day, replace just one of them with a glass of water, then after a few days, replace another with water, until you no longer drink soda.  Same goes for candy bars or anything else that you eat excessively.

I wish you much luck in your weight loss journey.