Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Help!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Help!!!

I am a 59-year-old female who needs to get back on track with diet and exercise.  It seems to be harder to lose weight the older you get.  How should go about this in a healthy way that will bring results?  I've done weight watchers which has been successful for me in the past and used to do the gym until I got arthritis in my right knee and I couldn't do many of the moves that I used to be able to do.  I want to lose weight and eventually be able to do without any medications.  Where do I start and how do I get consistent results?
Female
I, too, am a 59-year old (close enough, in March) but I need to START a diet & exercise program.  Over the years I have just let myself go, gaining close to 75lbs, now tipping the scales at over 200!  I admit I am flat-out lazy, but I also have medical issues that prevent me from being active.  My balance is bad due to a 2004 stroke, I am on Coumadin and risk falling and bleeding out.  I could go on, but I won't...too depressing.  Are you having any luck?
I know just what you are feeling.  Had the gastric bypass to no avail as I just gained it back. Now that I have heart problems must get this weight off. Had list to 149lbs and now up to 218. Going to try this and enlist the help of the forums. Here for you if you need a friend.  Walked today and did well. Going for a full mile tomorrow.
Business_woman3
I'm around the same boat as you ladies I need some help and motivation myself I only need to lose 20 or 30 pounds need to see if this post thanks... Jen