High Sodium in Prepared Meals
I am just using Weight Watchers as an example.  If you buy the pre-packaged foods which do work on keeping you on track with your points etc.  The sodium content is too high in these prepared foods.  Its not just Weight Watchers, its South Beach Diet, etc.
yup i noticed even Subway has salt out the WAZOO!! more than a days worth in 1 sandwich!! So if you are watching your salt you might want to make your own foods fresh from home!!
Yep, crazy high sodium is the price you pay for packaged pre-portioned convenient meals. They knock out a lot of the fat and calories so they have to make up for it in flavor by added preservatives, tons of salt and sometimes sugar.  I keep lean cuisines in my freezer sometimes just so I have an option if I don't have time to make myself a meal. One of those every so often isnt bad, but it's probably not the best idea to eat them regularly. I try and buy natural and organic brands of frozen prepared meals whenever possible. Kashi entrees tend to have a *little* less sodium than lean cuisine or weight watchers (although it's still pretty up there) but have more nutritional value. And if I'm going to buy anything packaged whether it's frozen, canned or jarred, I always look for low sodium or no salt added varieties. But I mainly try to make my own meals or freeze leftovers so I always have something healthier on hand that it's crazy loaded with salt!
Thats very true in the sodium. I try not to eat too many frozen meals because the salt is way high. I try to find the lower sodium products, which are few. Its hard for someone like myself who is watching the salt, sugar, fat and calories content. Few products out there that taste good that have low in all those groups.