Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Hot sauce

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Hot sauce

Do you all think that hot sauce is ok to put on baked chicken breast that way its just not plain  for i tsp it is
  o cal, 240 sodium <- that is my question about the sodium thats all thats in it also anyother tips would help its so nice to have all you ladies to help thank you so much
hot sauce is a great alternative!! I love it cant live with out!! On the sodium side thats kinda ugly as far as i know you should not eat an item thats over 200!! I chkd my bottles and they are 60 and 100 on the sodium. what kind are u using? i have valentina and the i one i called asian sauce but the spelling 4give im gonna sp wrong but Srircha (something like that with S)
Hot sauce is good...but as with anything....gotta watch the labels.  Have you ever tried making your own hot sauce?  I made something similar last night with my Mexican style meatballs.  You put two tomatoes, one onion, fresh chili to your taste, fresh garlic (again, to your taste), half cup of water, and fresh cilantro in the food processor.  Whip it around in there until it's really smooth....that's all there is to it.  (If you want salsa, do the same, just don't purree it as much and leave out the water).  Extra fresh and nothing bad at all in it for you.  You could add a pinch of salt if you wish, but I don't care for it myself.  
Now you have me thinking....Hhhhmmmm.....have some of that sauce left from last night and cooking chicken breasts tomorrow.  Should be a hit here....anything spicy usually is.  Will let you know how it goes over.  ; )