Weight Loss & Dieting Community
How Do I Loses The Weight!?!?!?!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

How Do I Loses The Weight!?!?!?!

I'm 17 and 189 pounds. What I really wanna weigh is between 130 and 135pounds. I know people say you need to watch what you eat and exercise. Its just I'm not really sure how to lose the weight and how long it will take me to lose it and between me starting college and looking for work. Its hard to watch what I'm eating when I'm always on the go?
Concentrate on your food, sit down whilst you eat, put your eating utensils down between each mouthful and chew your food until it is liquid before you swallow. During the process of eating, it takes about 20 minutes for the signal that you are "full" to go from the mouth to the stomach to the brain.

All the best
It's true that you need to concentrate on your food, but equally important is what foods you're eating.  

If you drink sodas, exchange them for water.  If you eat junk food, like candy, chips, fast food, etc - stop eating them.  Replace them with an apple or cut up raw veggies.  Replace fast food with home cooked whenever possible and if you have to eat fast food, be sure to make the best choices.  For instance, a McDonald's southern fried chicken sandwich is better than the Big Mac... it's also good to remove the bun from any fast food sandwich and order it without mayo.

Exercise is also important.  If you do nothing else, at least take a brisk walk every day.  Aim for 30 min/day, but if you can't do that all at once, try for 2 15 minute walks.  Yoga is excellent exercise, as well, as is biking, swimming, most sports, etc.

You're looking to lose around 60 pounds; you don't say how tall you are, so we don't even know if 130-135 is a reasonable weight for you .
Sorry about that I'm 5'4 :)