Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Hungry all the time!!

A community of people interested in weight loss and dieting. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: balanced menus, popular diets, exercise, metabolism, healthy snacks, nutrition, and weight loss surgery.

Hungry all the time!!

Hi everyone, Im constantly getting hungry all the time! If I eat at 9:00 am by 10:am I get sooo hungry that my belly starts growling and if I ignore the hunger it triggers my migrain. So I have to be constantly eating and i have gained alot of weight. I however do not eat alot of food at once because when im eating at that particular time, I feel full quickly.

Can someone tell me whats wrong? or if they have any suggestions they think will help me? Im not on any type of contraceptive nor am I taking any medications.

Looking forward to a response soon.
Tags: hungry, Eating, Weight, help me
Have you had your blood sugar levels tested?  

It's not always bad to eat often - in fact, a lot of people do better eating a lot of small meals each day.  The most important thing is WHAT you eat.  

If you're eating a lot of sweet foods (candies, pastries, etc) the sugar actually causes you to want more.  You get into a vicious cycle of being hungry, eating, say, a candy bar, but the sugar enters the blood stream very quickly and doesn't stay long, making leaving you feeling hungry again, so if you eat more sugary food, you keep the cycle going.  

Try eating high fiber foods, like whole grains, fresh veggies, etc because they take longer to break down in the body and will keep you feeling fuller longer.  In addition, higher protein will also keep you feeling fuller longer.
Thanks I will be sure to try your suggestions. Thanks alot!!!
I'm mid-50's and this has happened to me as I get older. If I ignore hunger pangs I get lightheaded and can't think. I hope you find an answer...I'm another sufferer!
Track your weight over time