Weight Loss & Dieting Community
I Need Help Please!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

I Need Help Please!

Hello everybody.
I need some advice on loosing weight. I'm 5'6, And weigh 220. If I don't loose the weight, I'm going to develop diabeeeties and I'm already at a 5.9 (Diabetic level is 6.5!) I also have Hypo-Thyroidism and high cholorestoral which maes it even more difficult to loose the weight :-(
  I'm on meds for my Thyroids, but it doesn't help any and we can't seem to get everything under control. So some advice on how I could loose some weight would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!
Well, removing grains and sugar from your diet will help you burn fat easier and will help with sugar levels in the blood. I would recommend that you look at diets related to low-carbohydrate and Paleo/Primal ideas.  

Many people associate the low-carb diet with high cholesterol when the exact opposite is true.  Most people who stick to a low-carb diet find that their cholesterol drops to very healthy levels.  I can't speak to whether your high cholesterol is due to what you are eating or genetics.  I have a dear friend who has high cholesterol despite a pristine diet, healthy lifestyle, but purely because his body does not create the good cholesterol correctly.

My recommendation is to do a little research in paleo/primal living.  If you are uncomfortable with the usual recommendations of fat intake you can alter it slightly and do a modified version.  When I want to reduce the amount of fat I take in I generally sick to chicken based recipes rather than the usual beef and pork recipes.  

I have found these diets are very successful, make the most sense for those fighting diabetes, and once you get into the swing of things they are very easy to stick to.