Weight Loss & Dieting Community
I just wanna be skinny!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

I just wanna be skinny!!!!

I know this questions probably gets asked time and time again....I just can't seem to loose the weght.  My whole life I have been over weight...a few years ago I deserved it I didn't eat well, I didn't exercise.  I then tore my acl, my mcl and the cartlidge in my knee...I was in the middle of training for a marathon...I took and 18 month leave due to serving a mission for my church.  That threw me off...then when I came home (due to my knee injury) I got better from that and moved from home to go to school.  I eat heaither now then I ever did at home...my mom never cooked and so we always were eating out.  I make my dinner every night and usually every meal is small and healty I eat 5 times a day and I rearly eat sugar.  I was going to curves for a while because I could not run due to my knee...I have since been cleared to run and got a membership to golds where I go everyday for 40-60 minutes.  I am again trainging for a marathon that I would like to run next year...I have only at this point made it to 2 miles every other day and I do other cardio activities on the off days... 3 days running/walking MWF and then on TTH I usually do like the eliptical and bike plus weights.  I am 5'6 and weight 234...I used to weigh 222 a few months ago...I know my body needs to build muscle but how long will I gain weight and really not see results...my cloths are not even fitting looser.  When I went to buy new pants for winter the store I ususally buy my pants in didn't even have my size....WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!!!  I just want to fit into a size 12 or 14 pant and weigh somewhere in the 140-150 range...is is so hard to ask?  Please help me understand how and what I need to be doing so that I can accomplish this goal!

Tags: skinny, Weight
First, has your doctor checked your thyroid and blood sugar? Thyroid problems and diabetes cause havoc with weight loss. Have you tried tracking your carbs/calories with a journal for a while? It could be too much, but it could also be too little. Sometimes when I get stuck, I'll try reducing and if that doesnt work, I'll eat more for a day, then go back to my routine. Lastly, I found that aspartame, splenda and sugar alcohols stop my weight loss completely. Not everyone is effected the same, but that could be a contributor.