I just wanna be skinny!!!!
I know this questions probably gets asked time and time again....I just can't seem to loose the weght.  My whole life I have been over weight...a few years ago I deserved it I didn't eat well, I didn't exercise.  I then tore my acl, my mcl and the cartlidge in my knee...I was in the middle of training for a marathon...I took and 18 month leave due to serving a mission for my church.  That threw me off...then when I came home (due to my knee injury) I got better from that and moved from home to go to school.  I eat heaither now then I ever did at home...my mom never cooked and so we always were eating out.  I make my dinner every night and usually every meal is small and healty I eat 5 times a day and I rearly eat sugar.  I was going to curves for a while because I could not run due to my knee...I have since been cleared to run and got a membership to golds where I go everyday for 40-60 minutes.  I am again trainging for a marathon that I would like to run next year...I have only at this point made it to 2 miles every other day and I do other cardio activities on the off days... 3 days running/walking MWF and then on TTH I usually do like the eliptical and bike plus weights.  I am 5'6 and weight 234...I used to weigh 222 a few months ago...I know my body needs to build muscle but how long will I gain weight and really not see results...my cloths are not even fitting looser.  When I went to buy new pants for winter the store I ususally buy my pants in didn't even have my size....WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!!!  I just want to fit into a size 12 or 14 pant and weigh somewhere in the 140-150 range...is is so hard to ask?  Please help me understand how and what I need to be doing so that I can accomplish this goal!

First, has your doctor checked your thyroid and blood sugar? Thyroid problems and diabetes cause havoc with weight loss. Have you tried tracking your carbs/calories with a journal for a while? It could be too much, but it could also be too little. Sometimes when I get stuck, I'll try reducing and if that doesnt work, I'll eat more for a day, then go back to my routine. Lastly, I found that aspartame, splenda and sugar alcohols stop my weight loss completely. Not everyone is effected the same, but that could be a contributor.