Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Im new to this and want some support

A community of people interested in weight loss and dieting. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: balanced menus, popular diets, exercise, metabolism, healthy snacks, nutrition, and weight loss surgery.

Im new to this and want some support

I'm new to this and I'm looking to lose about 10 to 15 lbs. I'm 17 but I want to be thinner but more importantantly, healthier! I was wondering if there's anyone I can relate to and use for some support!
Hi!
I am so happy to note that you are looking for healthy ways to lose weight and stay fit. If you want to lose weight, then you must do it the scientific way for long term benefits, healthy glow, and a good physique and body. People who are successful in losing weight and maintaining it are the ones who make lifestyle changes which are acceptable to them, their palate and their working style. To do this you must look for healthier cooking options for meals you love, and slowly cut down on the fat in it so as to not irritate your taste buds much.
It's best to join a nutrition expert and a physical trainer and follow their advice. Incorporating yoga into this regimen takes stress out of this exercise to lose weight. Also the diet should contain more of green leafy vegetables, fruits and protein and less of spaghetti, potato etc.  I suggest you eat frequent small meals and stop counting calories. It is best to eat lots of fruits and non-starchy green veggies, go slow on fats, eat carbohydrates in moderation and increase your protein intake (lean cuts, whites of eggs etc). Drink plenty of water and non fattening fluids such as clear soups etc. Look for hidden calories in salads and soups and avoid them (eg: cheese, butter, dressings etc).
Also, you need to exercise regularly. You need to start slow and then build up stamina as the days progress. A combination of aerobic, strength training and stretches works best. Many people find it difficult to fit an exercise regimen into their lives. The best way is to join a gym. If that is not possible, try building exercise into your daily life. If you lead a busy life, then walk to work, or to bus stand etc, climb stairs instead of using lifts, walk while talking on cell phone, or briskly walk to any place you are going to. See how you can change your lifestyle to incorporate exercise. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
hi banana95!  10-15 lbs is an easy target.  you need to get your mind in order and not worry about what others are doing or what the TV or media are telling you.  you are created specially.  you already have the ingredients you need without taking supplements or anything that will basically own you.  don't think too much.  you'll put too much unnecessary stress on yourself.  just use logic and common sense.  i lost 15 lbs in a week and a half just by getting out of my own way and not by listening to others.  your body only understands you, not others.  have a glorious, logical day!
Under certain circumstances, losing 10-15 pounds can be a monumental task. There are medical reasons that some people are unable to lose weight and those should always be ruled out.  
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
krichar commented on photo
Barb135 commented on dominosarah's status
Track your weight over time