Im new
I am new to this site. I am determined to lose 5kg in 2-3 weeks. They say its better to lose weight quick. I have already lost 19kg in 5 months of hard work and dedication. I eat really healthy and exercise everyday. I love my runs in the morning. I dont believe in counting numbers but portioned sized food. You must eat with moderation. Pre pare your food
before hand. I just recently gave away all these nice cloths I use to wear some size 16..12..14. I can now fit in a size 10 depending on the cut. I am a mesomorph so i do gain weight quick and do gain muscle. My metabolism isnt fast. Its all with the mind. I cant stand junk food or anything oily. I get sick. When you eat healthy ..there is no turnibg back..
Whats your story?!?
better to lose weight slowly*
I'm new here but have been on a yoyo weight trip all my life.  When I look at photos of when I was in my teen and 20s I can see that I was a good size, but I always, always thought I was fat.  It's been in my head all of my life.  Having 2 kids sent me on an upward spiral that I have been struggling to control.  I can't use the kids as an excuse since they are now 25 and 27!  It is me, it is in my head.  I agree with you, it is all in the mind.  I need to control my mind to control my habits.  It is a daily struggle.  I'd like to ultimately loose about 80 lbs...not sure how many kg that is.  If it is a higher number, don't tell me!  :')  Anyway, I want to do this for me, so I can be more healthy and someday enjoy having grandchildren.  That's my story.  It's been being written for many years now.
Thank you for sharing your story.
You should both have some simple blood tests done to determine whether or not your thyroid is working properly. Hypothyroidism is a very common cause for weight gain and/or difficulty losing.  Tests you need to have done are TSH, Free T3 and Free T4.

Insulin Resistance can also make losing weight very difficult.

My story is that I gained weight several years ago when my thyroid stopped functioning and I'm still trying to get it off.  Within the past couple of weeks, I've lost about 5 pounds. Have about 25-30 more to go.

I have recently been diagnosed with insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome and of course, I'll always have my hypothyroidism, for which I take a daily medication.
I have had blood tests done already. Im clear. Perfectly healthy :-)