Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Infecting human bodies

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Infecting human bodies

"how to easily and effectively get rid of  Candida once and for all and why removing  Candida Albicans from the body rewards the dieter with a feeling of well being and weight loss that is steady, sustainable and healthy..." Is this true?  http://tr.im/BuAT
Yes it is!  I just finished telling Barb here that she should look into that.  

I have been hypothyroid for a long time and even with the meds was getting so fatigued, had numerous yeast infections, depressed, and couldn't lose weight and I was trying.  I went to a Naturopath who had me complete a questionnaire of my health history and symptoms.  He determined I had a yeast overgrowth in my body.  He put me on a diet for a while that eliminated dairy, caffiene, sugars, yeasts, and glutens.  I also took some supplements that helped to kill the yeast.  The first few days were rough with headaches and a flu like feeling as I adjusted.  Then came immense energy and a real sense of well being.  I slowly added back the foods I'd been off and continued to feel great.  My mood was vastly improved, I have not had a yeast infection since (it's been 2 years) and I can now lose weight when I try.  I really think it is worth it.  I can't believe I'd forgotten about this and didn't write about it before.
I haven't had a chance to look into this, but am most certainly going to.  I, too, am hypothyroid with Hashimoto's disease.  In addition, I have pernicious anemia and vitamin D deficiency (in spite of being in the sun for several hours daily).  

The thyroid med goes a long way toward eliminating the fatigue and the b12 helps immensely.  I've just recently found out about the vit D, so have not started on treatment, but I know that, too, can cause fatigue.  I've also had a blood test that checks all of the micronutrients -- I'm still waiting for those results.  Once I get all these other things on the road to recovery, I am going to try eliminating the foods that Trudie mentioned and see how that works out.  I'm afraid to try too many new things all at once...........

I just know that something has to give with this weight sometime...........I'm tired of carrying around the excess 30 pounds I gained from being hypothyroid.