Is cheese bad for you?
I'm trying to lose 50 pounds and I watching what a I eat. But the one thing I can't eliminate is cheese. I love american cheese with my sandwiches and sharp cheddar cheese on my salads. By me eating cheese, will this make it harder for me to lose weight?
Depends how much you eat.

One slice of American cheese, and a sprinkling of cheddar in your salad once a day won't contribute much to weight gain, but if its more than that, you may want to make some wiser choices.

You can get cheese in lower fat, no fat, or soy versions.  At first when I tried them, I didn't care much for the taste, but I just kept using them and incorporating them into my meals.  Soon enough, they'll taste ok to you.

Why is it so bad for you?
Regular cheese has a good amount of fat.  Its not bad for you in small quantities.  The problem is if you over eat.

If you tend to eat a lot of cheese, choose low, no fat, or soy cheese.  
I lost a bunch of weight and stayed away from cheese for a while but am currently obsessing over block cheese (which I believe is healthier for u as opposed 2 sliced, processed cheese). I have yet to gain anything back (knock on wood) but then again I am CONSTANTLY moving whether I want to or not!!

Keep up on the exercise, I can not stress this enuff!! As I take care of these kids and come over here once in a while, I just move my chair, grab my 10 pound weights and have a go..maybe a plie or releve here and there, too..
I was told by a dietician yesterday, that motzerella (spelling) cheese, the low fat or part skim milk is the best if you're dieting.

Good luck!

Ash
Is cheese bad for your skin?
I lost 10lbs by cutting out dairy for a whole month! It was really tough but dairy made me so bloated and sluggish and I felt so much better when I cut it out. Recent studies have shown that dairy isn't as healthy as you are led to believe. Besides being fattening and hard on your digestive system, it is very bad for your skin. Using low fat soy milk (silk is my fav) and other alternatives made it a lot easier. I still try to limit my dairy (there are some good coconut milk and soy ice creams, and there is a great natural tasting soy butter) but I definitely have to have a little bit of cheese every now and then. It's all about moderation and finding balance. A little bit of exercise, although I hate it, makes me less hungry and helped curve my cravings as well.
Actually I read that cheese can help you lose weight, one slice of cheddar a day, one ounce.  Not sure where I read it, but I'll look.

I lost weight eating fat free american cheese sandwich on whole wheat for lunch.  
Looks like I answered a 2 year old question.  Anyways congratulations peekawho glad to find you again on medhelp.