Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Is is normal to lose alot of weight the first week?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Basically I have cut down on my calories (between 1100-1400 mainly a day) but I have had a couple days where I have eaten 1800-2000 calories. I have heard and experienced from my own husband that if you are really overweight and you diet/exercise that you may lose 5+ lbs the first couple weeks but that it would slow down after that. I am only about 20 lbs overweight (if even that much...idk) but just a few weeks ago I was weighing 147-149 in the mornings and 149-151 during the day (with shoes/clothes on). Now I am weighing 145-147 (absolute no 149-151s). Is it possible I have lost 1-3 lbs in just a week of cutting down even though I had eaten 1800-2000 calories a couple days? Thanks.
Yes. When I first started my diet, I lost 10lbs in the first two weeks. This happens mostly because that weight is just water and your body loses it really fast once you cut your intake. After the first two weeks, I lost on average 1-3 lbs a week, with the rare moment I would lose 5lbs once in a while.
Ok thank you so much! I even weighed on my mom's scale b/c I had weighed on it one day with my work clothes on and so I wanted to see if it changed (with my work clothes on again...same amount of time since eaten and everything) and it was 1.2 lbs lower....the first time it was 149.0, the next time it was 147.8 so guess I have lost at least a lb already. Thanks.
KTowne Pretty sure if baby is a gi... Comment
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
KeeLolo commented on photo
Track your weight over time