Weight Loss & Dieting Community
I've tried diets but don't lose weigt is there a good diet pi...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

I've tried diets but don't lose weigt is there a good diet pill

I have tried different diets and I am considered over weight now. I am 5 feet even and I weigh 165 lbs. I have very low to no energy. Is there a safe but effective diet pill out there? I have taken phenteramine in the past and it really worked and I was active while on it. just wondering if there is anything that you can get over the counter.
Hi!
Honestly speaking no diet supplements/pills can actually help you lose weight. Also, if you have PCOD or hypothyroidism or adrenal gland problems or diabetes, then also, you may find losing weight difficult. Hence, if you are not losing weight, you need to find out whether you suffer from any of these. Treating these can help in weight reduction.
The ideal aim should be to lose about half kg per week or two kg in a month. Some can effortlessly lose about 3 kg in a month. Too fast weight loss can cause rebound weight gain. Also, it can cause other problems such as loose skin, flabs at unwanted places etc. Apart from losing weight, you need to tone up the body. A combination of aerobic, strength training and stretches works best. Many people find it difficult to fit an exercise regimen into their lives. The best way is to join a nutrition expert and a physical trainer (or a gym) and follow their advice. Incorporating yoga into this regimen takes stress out of this exercise to lose weight. Also the diet should contain more of green leafy vegetables, fruits and protein and less of spaghetti, potato etc.  I suggest you eat frequent small meals and stop counting calories. It is best to eat lots of fruits and non-starchy green veggies, go slow on fats, eat carbohydrates in moderation and increase your protein intake (lean cuts, whites of eggs etc). Drink plenty of water and non fattening fluids such as clear soups etc. Look for hidden calories in salads and soups and avoid them (eg: cheese, butter, dressings etc). Hope this helps. Take care!