LIVE CHAT NOW - Come join us???
Welcome to the Weight Loss & Dieting Community and to Live Chat!  Just let us know you're here by commenting below and then keep refreshing your screen to keep updated with the chat.  

We're here to get to know each other better, to ask and answer questions, to chit chat, share thoughts, build our team spirit and support and encourage each other in our weight loss efforts.  This can be the journey of a lifetime!  

Some days are slow, some are more fast paced .. it just depends on people's schedules and the night.

We'd love to have you join us!!!  Just shout out!  :]
Hello!  Just arriving!  How is everyone this evening?
Honey, I didn't say that I like them!

Haha, but I do feel like I've adapted.

As I've mentioned, I have a history of emotional eating.  I can finish off huge amounts of food and not feel full!  So I just decided that the only "safe" way to handle my out of control appetite was by switching.  I KNOW I will never be able to 100% stop my overeating, but by putting a bag of carrots in my hand, I'm way ahead of when it was a large pizza, a container of ice cream, or what have you.
great idea on the carrots, wonko!!!  Ohhh .. and I wasn't feeling guilty .. just wanted you to explain my heart was there .. just not my time.  (((Hugs)))

Oh .. and completely understand the emotional eating thing .. that is what took hold over the holidays and it is something I've come to understand will be with me for a lifetime .. it's just my coping skills and choices that keep improving each time.  However .. I never expect perfection.

As for eating too quickly .. I'll share a little trick.  If you get a really nice and pretty smaller plate and eat with a real napkin and make it special .. make it an experience and really attempt to taste each bite of food and savour the flavors .. you will tend to slow down on eating.  We just tend to be too busy sometimes and eating quickly gets to be a habit.  Is it time constraints for you?

Hi lucindamartinz
Hey there!  
hi lucinda!!
Oh sorry Wonko! didnt mean to insult! i just dont know how the vegetarian thing works thats all!!
No, it is not constraints.  It is my appetite and history of eating too fast!  I like the fancy napkin idea.  Making dinner more of a "special event" sounds like a good plan.  If it takes longer to set up, then I may have more luck in slowing down to enjoy my food more.

I like all of your ideas for challenge posts.

I still need to do the 2nd homework.  I plan to do it as a journal entry on my profile.  I think it will put a lot in perspective for me.
Hello Miss Lucinda .. very nice to have you join us!  
goku--No insult, I'm just joking around!  I do like veggies, I guess just in the context of snack food they leave something to be desired compared to the bad stuff!  
Welcome Ms Chit Chat .. and how are you this evening???   Wasn't there a game tonight?  And .. how is the new year treating you?
How is everyone?  Having a good go of it this evening?  I'm just catching up...caught a few words about dinner and then a few words relating to vegan diets and Lyme dissease and that's all so far....I'll have to catch entirely up with the thread.  

So dinner for my family this evening is albondigas de pavo (turkey meatballs Mexican style).
lol oh ok cool!! i know that i am so addict to junk food the worse the better!!
goku .. do you like veggies???

wonko .. you have developed the same "coping" mechanism I have.  I can not always win the battle of "eating" ... so I make better selections too ..

oh man my MIL makes those but with my beef! My DH loves those! me too they are delicious!! lol
Ranae-NO thats what i was saying i dont like veggies or fruits!! i will eat some fruit but bananas and watermelon they burn my lips and scratch my throat so i think i have a food allergy with those!!
not junk food exactly....modified junk food!  Found a website that has great Mexican food recipes, but I have to modify them.  Ground pork and ground beef......naw, we replaced that portion with ground turkey.  And the rest is basically spices, the egg I replaced with egg beaters...and so on.....And then the spicy sauce is nothing bad for you at all....but some real zest!  All served over a bed of rice with a side salad.  Bingo!  We have a winner.  
you know Ms. Lucinda .. I certainly would like to have you POST that recipe!!!  How about here and in the Healthy Cooking community???

And Ms. Goku .. now as for that junk food .. once you wean yourself away from it .. and at your weight you can have some in moderation .. you don't miss it as much.  I don't even like french fries anymore because they are too greasy!  Before, I didn't know how I'd live without them.
that does sound good although i didnt know how to make them i dont really know how to make anything my MIL does except the enchiladas! Not being personal just wondering Martinez is ur last name? lol just curious mine is too!!
Thnx Ranae!! I have tried and im good during the week but oh man when i do have a burger on the weekends it taste too good and i just crave it all over again lol!! maybe that will happen soon enough!!
Good evening everyone!
I will get that written out for you.  Had to make some adjustments, but I love to do that anyways.  Always like to try new things.  Will get that written out and then posted....both places you say?  Can do.  Just like to do different things....same old same old is blah!
Goku .. have a challenge for you .. and it may be a challenge for the challenge ..

Why don't we have a post (that you may want to consider making) that tries a new fruit or vegetable each week.  We could call it a challenge post .. but call it "Goku's New Adventures!"  We could challenge everyone to try it and you could lead us through a maze of good food.  

What do you think?
hi Trudie!! hows ur nite going?
Hey TrudieC!  How are you this evening?
Well I've got to get going but it was great catching up with everyone!  I'll check this thread tomorrow to see what else ya'll chat about.

Thanks Ranae for hosting another chat!
lol I ll have to think a lil bit more about Ranae! it sounds great I just have had enough bad reactions to raw vegetables that i dont know if i want to try any more!! That be ok?
Have a great night wonko!  Sorry that I didn't get to chat with you but for a second....will catch you for longer on the next go for sure.  Great to see you round.  ; )
Hi Trudie!!!  So nice of you to join us!!!  How have you been?

Trudie, Lucinda and ChitChat .. or anyone else I missed (previously asked wonko and goku) .. would you mind reading up a little on the question I asked about challenge posts and let me know what you think???

wonko .. Thanks SOOO Muchhhh for joining us tonight .. it was really nice to catch up and look forward to talking again soon.  
Sorry, was reading all the past posts.  Some good stuff tonight!  

In the past my husband and I challenged each other in the weight loss area with rewards of "favors" to the winner of whatever they chose.  It was fun.  Now we do it together because we have to.

On the topic of liking vegetables, I never did until I learned how to cook them right and now I do love them.
On the question I think we should encourage new members to participate in everything with the challenges mixed in.
Sorry Goku.....I didn't see that....gotta learn to keep up with Live Chat.  Yes.  Martinez is my last name.  I inherited from my husband.  Lucinda has always been my first name, got that from my mother, although my family is not Hispanic.  Long story!  lol
wonko .. it's been a pleasure talking again and you are most welcome.  thank you for coming!!!  Please stay in touch and let the community know how you're doing and when we can assist .. and I promise to do the same.

goku .. no problem .. just one of those random wild ideas that float through my brain .. lolll   definitely don't want you to try this if they bother you .. but what do you think about it as an idea as part of the challenge?  another activity to throw in the mix now and then?  Just know that I so very much appreciate all you do in the community and your friendship .. you are AmAzInG ..
Had a rough cooking night.  We were making falafel's and don't yet have a go to recipe.  Well the one I tried tonight didn't work too much plus my husband cooked the chickpeas after soaking and you don't do that.  We couldn't fry them so had to bake them for a very long time so they would stay together.  But, my hummus was amazing and it all came together fine in the end.
Love the "favors" idea .. now just got to get a husband .. lolll

Maybe on the vegetables .. do you think we ought to help people learn how to cook them correctly?  I never would have learned to like asparagus without a friend teaching me how to cook it el-dente .. or grill it.

In your answer regarding the post headings .. do you think the challenge posts should be identified or not?  
TY Ranae! I think as a challenge it would be great to try new foods!! just me personally i think i need allergy testing i have had several veggies and fruit burn my lips and scratch my throat im just a lil hesitant!!

I am off to watch prince caspian lol!! you ladies have a great nite!! Nice chatting with yall!!
Well .. Trudie .. I give you an A+++ for experimenting!!!  Have you posted the hummus recipe??  
Yummy!  Sounds great with the hummus.....glad that it came out all right in the end!  Some of the best things come about by incident/accident in the kitchen for me I have discovered.  
I do think they should be identified.  Sorry I mixed that up - I went through everything pretty quick.  

Growing up we only ever had frozen peas or else carrots and parsnips roasted with a roast until there was nothing left.  When I started taking all my cooking classes I was so amazed at how delicious the vegetables could be.  Yes, I think we should teach people that.  We have so many that come to the forum wanting to lose weight and saying they hate vegetables.  
It's been sooo very fun talking with you tonight!!!  Don't put off that allergy testing.  I worked for an allergist and it can really be helpful to know.  

Have  fun with Prince Caspion!!!  
Nope but I should.  Oh I love it!  I've been fighting migraine all day so am calling it a night.  I will try and join earlier next time.  Have a good one!
I hear you!  I personally love them!  Asparagus being amongst my very favorites.....now to convince my family.....but shhhhhh, don't tell them that I mix raw spinach in with the lettuce for salad.  What they do not know will not hurt them.  
thnx Ranae! i will try not to my fertility testing is already pushed bk as well!! its pretty hard so  many other things to do and pay!!
Lucinda-me as well i have my DH's name i am definetly not hispanic either lol!! that is different with ur first name!!
Well Miss Trudie .. know how busy you are with your CL duties .. but it would be amazing if you found a little time here and there to share your culinary talents with the community .. as a "challenge" post.  

We're wanting to engage members to also join in and be an "active" part of the challenge .. buy-in .. you think??
Have a great evening Trudie....hope your head is feeling much better.  
Yes!  Now my names Finally match!  LOL!  
Hope you migraine is better and stays at bay, Miss Trudie .. and thanks for joining us tonight.

As always, Goku .. it's been my pleasure.  Thanks bunches, Sweetie!  Know how tight finances are and fertility testing certainly comes first.

I would love to Ranae - just let me know what you'd like me to do.  Take care everyone!
Well ladies .. I'm going to call it a night .. you all take care and thanks again everyone for coming!!!  We'll do this soon and will announce it in the community.

Nite all ..
Hi everyone! I am feeling energized today!
Story of my life - "a day late and a dollar short".  Didn't know there was going to be a live chat, but dropped in to see what was up --- about the time everyone was signing off. Sorry I missed it.  
Duuhh!!  Didn't look at original date, just at the last post.  Do I feel sorta silly???  Yep, you bet!