Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Lost 12 pounds in a week
About This Community:

A community of people interested in weight loss and dieting. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: balanced menus, popular diets, exercise, metabolism, healthy snacks, nutrition, and weight loss surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lost 12 pounds in a week

I weighed 143 pounds last Sunday and after a week of downloading the My Diet Diary app, I now weigh 131 pounds. I'm 5'7 and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced such an extreme weight loss? Do you think I'll continue to go towards my weight goal (120) as rapidly as the first week or will it taper out and slow down?

Thanks for your help and I hope to hear other peoples stories.
649848 tn?1474485941
It's possible that the weight loss will slow down, since a good portion of it was probably water weight.

It takes 3500 calories to make/lose a pound.  In order to lose 12 lbs, you would have had to cut 42,000 calories.  This would have had to be done either by cutting calories or exercising, both of which are pretty unlikely, unless you starved yourself and did nothing but exercise.

That doesn't mean you should abandon your efforts; just make sure you're realistic about what can, and can't be, accomplished.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight over time
Start Tracking Now
Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1474485941
Blank
FL
1236893 tn?1408490528