Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Lost 12 pounds in a week

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Lost 12 pounds in a week

I weighed 143 pounds last Sunday and after a week of downloading the My Diet Diary app, I now weigh 131 pounds. I'm 5'7 and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced such an extreme weight loss? Do you think I'll continue to go towards my weight goal (120) as rapidly as the first week or will it taper out and slow down?

Thanks for your help and I hope to hear other peoples stories.
It's possible that the weight loss will slow down, since a good portion of it was probably water weight.

It takes 3500 calories to make/lose a pound.  In order to lose 12 lbs, you would have had to cut 42,000 calories.  This would have had to be done either by cutting calories or exercising, both of which are pretty unlikely, unless you starved yourself and did nothing but exercise.

That doesn't mean you should abandon your efforts; just make sure you're realistic about what can, and can't be, accomplished.
KTowne commented on Belle313's status
1 hr ago
Barb135 commented on specialmom's status
MH Community Mgr commented on photo
Track your weight over time