Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Low Carb & Calcium Supplements

A community of people interested in weight loss and dieting. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: balanced menus, popular diets, exercise, metabolism, healthy snacks, nutrition, and weight loss surgery.

Low Carb & Calcium Supplements

Hi all!
I have a question for those of you who are low-carbers. . .
I had a total thyroidectomy back in August & am having a he!! of a time taking all of the excess weight I put on off.  I think I may be eating too many carbs, the problem is, is that I was hypocalcemic after the surgery and while things seem to be leveling out, I am still on calcium supplements and eating a high calcium diet.

My question:  Do calcium supplements interfere with a low-carb diet?
No calcium supplements do not get in the way they actually help, in lamens terms, stick to fats we eat and pull them out of our body into our BM. Calcium supplements can help us lose up to 10 lbs a year.

I would caution you on low carb diet. Low is fine just don't go to low. The reason people believe carbs make us fat is: every 1 oz of carbs we eat we also carry 3 oz of water so the extra weight is actually water. Carbs are the most essential nutrient for energy so just stick to small amounts but frequently and use whole grains and definately fruit.

I wish you the best
Jen
KTowne commented on KeeLolo's status
Day 5
Sep 27 by Amber98
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Sep 26
Track your weight over time