Weight Loss & Dieting Community
New Year's Resolutions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

New Year's Resolutions

I know everyone is still concentrating on Christmas, but I'm wondering if anyone will making New Year's resolutions??  I have not been making resolutions for lots of years because it seems like they always end up going by the wayside within a couple of months and I end up feeling like I lied to myself.  I recently purchased a journal in which I have been recording things that happen in my life and how I feel about them.  This year I will write down my resolutions with very specific plans on how to achieve my goals.  

I will be making 2 very important resolutions this year:
1)  I have this horrible disease (Hashimoto's Thyroiditis) and I must learn to control it, rather than allow it to control me.  Between now and Jan 1, I must come up with plan on how I might do this.  I have already taken some steps in the right direction and since I know that there are others here that have the same problem, I'm hoping that they might step forward and help me come up with a plan.  
2)  For my overall health, I must lose 30 pounds.  I already have a fair plan in place, but need to make it more specific; for instance, rather than say "I will eat healthy", I will say "I will add 1 fruit and 1 veggie to each meal".  Rather than say "I will exercise more", I will say "I will incorporate xx amount of cardio, strength training, etc to my daily work out".  
In addition to the resolutions, I will need to make myself accountable for whether or not I achieve them.  I will count on my friends here to help with that also.  

So - if anyone else has given any thoughts to their New Year's resolutions, I'd be interested in hearing what they are and plans to accomplish them.  I know that I will need all the help and ideas I can get to insure that I have the resolve to carry through this year as I can't afford to lie to myself anymore.  

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.  
My New Years Resolution is to continue going to the gym three days a week and documenting my food intake in hopes that by September 26th i will be at my goal of 135.  Mini goal to be halfway there by the end of April.  I have all the tools (gym, trainer, diet) so I just need to stick with it and the results will follow.
I have a few goals for next year. I really need for my health to improve for next year. So thats why I am sticking with my plan, and I hope to join a gym soon!!

1. to be 250lbs by my birthday (4/12)
2. to be 200lbs by 12/31/09
3. get my own apartment with my boyfriend
4. become engaged
I have some lofty goals this year also.  

1) Continue exercise regimen at the rec center including running program and incorporate weights for upper extremity, as well as more core exercises.  No less than three times per week at the gym, preferrably 4-5 as race season approaches in the spring/early summer.

2) Run two 5Ks in anticipation of bigger races towards summer.  

3) Run at least one 10K by or on my birthday at the end of July (get there by continuing work outs and extending length of runs during training as listed in #1).  

4) By continuing the program above, reach goal weight of no more than 130 pounds.  

5) Continue to learn more about proper nutrition and incorporate these learned items into my own diet, as well as that of my family (whether or not they are aware...hehehe).  

That's my short list of New Year's goals as they relate to diet and weight loss.  The list with church life, family, and my business is just too crazy long.  ; )  
Should add....working toward half marathon in late 2009/ early 2010 (race season is basically all year here, if you can stand the weather)....never too early to plan ahead.  ; )