Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Nothing gone right with gastric sleeve surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

My friend had the gastric sleeve surgery done 3 weeks ago and nothing has gone right for her. She still is not able to swallow water. They have told her now that she has a hole in her stomach and are considering putting in a stent. What would that do for her?
I am just over 3 months past my gastric sleeve surgery and you friend should definately be able to drink water,  I had a little discomfort for the first 2 weeks but it was mostly gas pains, my stomach was like a new born babies, have a mouthful, get a gas pain, and burp before having another drink.  If i were here I would definately get a second opinion, if there was a leak they should have seen in in the swallow test the day after surgery.  Hopefully things will get better soon for her and it really is great when you get ont the right track,  I have lost 58 pounds so far, and now I am pregnant and that is going well as well.