Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Plan to lose weight

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Plan to lose weight

Im 20 yrs old im 5'2 i weigh 176 lbs (the most ive ever weighed) ive always weighed from 130-140.
Is it possible to lose 46 pounds in 14 weeks, im not looking to starv myself just eat right, i plan to start slow with walking than jogging than running. in the last few days i been walking from 5-7 miles a day at night, and my body feels good with the walks, im suprised it doesnt get me tired, i love it.
Any good tips to lose the wight? can i lose the 46 pounds in 14 weeks?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there!
A healthy way to lose weight is between 1 and 2 lbs. per week. To lose 1 to 2 lbs. per week one needs to burn 500 to 1,000 calories more per day than the consumed. Any weight loss programme needs a good combination of a balanced diet and exercise to lose weight. Take up lots of fresh fruits, vegetables, oats and other whole grain products and lean meat and take carbohydrates in moderation and limit fat and sugar. Week by week slowly increase the exercise which should include both aerobics and strength training. Drink plenty of water and non fattening fluids such as clear soups etc. Stop eating processed foods  diet ,sodas, fried foods,toffees,soft drinks, tinned foods,puddings,fruit juice,desserts,artificial sweeteners .The healthiest way to reduce weight   is to reduce your portion sizes, eat fats in moderation, and increase your physical activity. You will need sustained efforts to achieve weight loss. Hope this helps. Take care!
thanks for the advice :D