Raspberry keytones
Has anyone had luck with this Dr. OZ recommended supplement? Raspberry keytones are suppose to be safe and effective but I wanted to hear true reviews. NOT media hype.
Hi!
If you actually go through Dr Oz’s show, all supplements recommended need to be taken along with diet and lifestyle modifications. You need to introduce some level of exercise into your life and you must eat healthy for maximum benefit. Just taking Raspberry ketone will not help you lose much weight. Also weight loss with no exercise can result in a flabby body with loose skin. So, please take all these factors into consideration before starting on it. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
You're right in saying that Dr. Oz fits into the category or "media hype".  Whenever I run across a supplement or herb, I start my search with WebMD to get the basics:
http://www.webmd.com/diet/raspberry-ketones-uses-risks
Sometimes locating specific research articles is hard, especially if you are looking for good ones, so WebMD can be a huge help in summarizing them for you.  
I'm not a fan of incorporating specific foods or parts of foods (garlic, pomegranates, extracts, etc.) to get their specific health benefits.  The overall eating behaviors are much more important and will have more profound impacts than any of these isolated foods.