Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Read if you want to lose weight

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Read if you want to lose weight

So i been wanting to lose weight, and i know i can do it, i mainly want to lose inches, im at a size 13 and want to be a size 7, the only thing i lack is motivation so i wanna do this post to motivate myself and others who also want to lose weight, dont give up!!
I currently have started little my little to cut sugars and start losing weight i havent lost any pounds but i feel my jeans more comfortable and not tight, i wanna use this post and my profile as a motivation for me to not give up! and i want to motivate anyone else who also needs a little push like me!
I'm trying to lose also... its not easy. Specially if you feel alone. But it pushes you harder and when you see weight come off you want to push yourself even harder. Finish this goal for you no one else. It will happen in time even though we wish for overnight success. We can do it!!
Good for you! I cut out soda and I dropped like five pounds right away :) I've found that I like diet green tea much butter---it's still sweet, without the calories. It's amazing.
Thanks for the motivation i now love unsweet tea with sweet-n-low and propel zero sugar.
I feel like ive loss some inches more than weight and thats great i want to be a size 7
Starting a diet or healthy eating is great. The difficult part is when your motivation and drive plummets which leads to changes in your mood. These mood changes are the danger zone because you may endulge in comfort eating to compensate for your low mood. During times of fluctuations in mood, it's best to reinvigorate your levels of motivation by seeking out positive feedback and visiting posts such as these.
Good to know that you've  lost some inches, but don't forget you won't get from a size 13 to a size 7, just by losing inches.  You'll have to lose weight, as well.

Watch the artificial sweeteners; they can actually sabotage your efforts, by making you crave more.  Stevia is a much better choice.

Are you keeping a food diary to keep watch on the amount you eat?  MedHelp has an excellent food tracker.

What type(s) of exercise are you doing to lose your inches?
Well i havent had much time to excercise since ive been working so much, but the sweet n low dont really make me crave sweets at all.
but i do want to lose weight any great advice?
i dont really have much of a belly o too much love handle its more of my thighs that are big and my hips.
You'll have to incorporate some form of exercise. Weight training would be best, but if you can even walk for 30 minutes/day or something.  Most employers give a lunch and break times; maybe you could get in a few minutes of exercise then.  It doesn't all have to be in one block of time.  You could do 10  minutes in the morning, before work, 10 minutes at lunch and 10 minutes in the evening.

You'll also have to be careful to restrict your portions and make sure you're eating healthy foods, particularly, lots of veggies and protein.

I still caution against sugar substitutes and zero calorie drinks, because over time, they can actually sabotage your efforts.  Try drinking plenty of plain water.  It's best for keeping you hydrated and works best to keep thirst at bay, plus it fills you up.  A glass of water 30 minutes before a meal, will keep you from eating as much.