Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Reduce of Carbs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Reduce of Carbs

Hi. I've been tracking my daily diet and I've noticed that carbs and fats are much more than proteins. I am bewildered in this situation because Ive been struggling to get rid as much as carbs i cann from my diet. What can I do to reduce them? Your answer would be very helpful.
I guess it would depend on what you are eating and what you are eliminating.  Are you eliminating processed carbs like pasta, bread, rice, etc?  Are you only getting your carbs from vegetables and fruits?

I would recommend making sure you aren't getting your carbs from anything processed (ie bottled sauces, drinks, breading, etc).  If you are eating a lot of fruit, that can be a culprit as fruit is loaded with sugar and sugar equals carbs.  Reduce the amount of fruit you are eating or find a type of fruit that it lower in carbs.

Also, how many carbs are you trying to stick to?  I believe anything under 100grams a day will help you burn fat, under 200 is good for maintenance.  It's very easy to stick to under 100g a day if you aren't eating grains and loads of fruit.  

Can you give us an idea of what you eat on a regular basis and how you know you are eating a lot of carbs but can't see where those carbs are coming from?
I in the same situation. MY protein is showing low w fat n carbs high.  Am I misreading the graph?  Cause none of the graph totals are close to 100.  Most are in the 700 range )carb/fat).  Any help appreciated.
If you are eating low carb you need to eat more protein and FAT.. fat doesn't make you fat.. you just need to be careful which fats you do eat. Eat olive oil, ghee, butter, coconut oil, cheese, avocado, nuts and seeds, cream, whole milk... stay away from low carb low calorie foods, processed foods, breads, rice, oats.. starchy foods. You'll have lots of success.. you can also check out paleodiet.com, dietdoctor.com or marksdailyapple.com.. they are great sites