Removal of lap band
How long does it take to recover from lap band removal surgery?  Thanks.
I'm sorry, I can't answer your question.  What has your doctor told you?  I'm sure everyone is different.  

Maybe someone else will be able to help.
I would like to know the best diet for diabetes 2 after lap band removal.  Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
As I stated before, I'm not familiar with lapband surgery; however, I am somewhat familiar with type II diabetes, as I have several family members who have it, plus I'm pretty sure that I'm at least insulin resistant, if not diabetic.  

The best diet for type II diabetes is actually one that is good for overall weight loss/maintenance, which will include the elimination of simple sugars/carbs, including sodas, candies, etc.

You will need to stick with those foods that will not raise your blood sugar quickly, such as high quality proteins, whole grains, lots of veggies and some fruits (i.e. complex carbs).  Some fruits have much more sugar than others, so will raise your blood sugar almost as quickly as eating candy.  It's always best to consume whole fruit, rather than juice, since with the whole fruit, you get the added benefit of the fiber.

Were you given a list of specific foods to eat, or not to eat, following the lapband surgery?  If so, then of course, those foods would have to be factored into any eating plan you come up with.  

Do you have a specified number of calories you are allowed each day?  It would seem like a good idea to implement the use of the food diary, in order to keep track of the calories, carbs (both simple and complex), protein, etc. This will let you see at a glance if there are areas in which you might need to add foods (veggies, maybe) or cut back (saturated fats).  

There are also websites from which you can get lists of foods that are low on the glycemic index (those which do not raise your blood sugar quickly).  

Hope this helps.........by the way, welcome to the community.
Thanks so much for your helpful ideas!  I appreciate you taking the time to help me out with this.  Mered
No problem - is there anything more I can help you with?