Restaurant decisions
I love to go out to eat. I am currently dieting and find that it is hard to get good, healthy, and reasonably priced meals. Any suggestions?
make your own meals
There are a variety of things you can do to save calories in restaurants.  You can get your food grilled/baked, as opposed to fried.  Try to stay away from potatoes, especially french fries; try sweet potato fries.  If you have a burger, order it with lettuce, tomato and other veggies you might like, then remove the bun, or at least 1/2 of it and eat the meat and veggies with a fork.

You can opt for restaurants with salad bar, or those that provide a good sized salad with each meal and load up on salad before your meal comes, so you aren't so hungry.  Be sure to use a low cal dressing, vinegar, lemon juice, etc.

Make sure you drink water or unsweetened tea or coffee vs sodas.  Drinking a large glass of water before your meal comes will help keep you from eating as much.

Make your favorite restaurant, one that will prepare your food however you ask for it.