Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Short nutritional poll

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Short nutritional poll

Here's a really short nutritional poll for everyone to give a try.....post your selection and I will come back this evening with the answer....Let's see how everyone does!  

What do potatoes, bananas, carrots, rice, whole-wheat flour, and dried beans have in common?
14%
 (1) 
They often are low in cost
0%
 (0) 
They are high in fiber
0%
 (0) 
They are low in fat
85%
 (6) 
All of the above
7 Members voted
I voted all of the above, asuuming that the rice is brown and that we are keeping the skins on the taters!

I love dried beans.  Cheaper and easier to get into my 3rd floor apartment than cans.  

Bananas have a lot of calories, but I like to use 1/2 on my cereal and also like making banana bread out of the old ones.  I found this stuff in the baking aisle called "ligher bake" (or something like that) that I use in place of oil.  It comes out better than substituting applecause.

Carrots are my go-to food when I just can't get my appetite to shut up.  I know they have more calories than celery, but celery just doesn't "do it" for me :)
Wow!  You guys are good!  If you guessed "D. All of the above.", you are absolutely correct.  These staples are also particularly economical when considering that they they can be prepared at home in a variety of ways.  Good job everybody!  
I voted before seeing your answer and I voted for D!

Wow, wonko, you seem very knowledgeable about the nutrient content of foods. I hope to glean so much info from you and everyone else here!