Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Should I forget it?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Should I forget it?

I have a huge number of health problems.  I realize my excess weight contributes to the health problems, but I have asked my doctors and the issues I have are not caused by the excess weight, of course it would help to get rid of the weight.

I have considered bariatric surgery, but my neurologist, internal medicine doctor and another doctor said no.  I do have a lot of neurological issues and from what I understand, there is an increase of neurological issues after gastric bypass surgery.  I think they are taking the approach that anything can go wrong with me, with my problems.

I have a family member who had the surgery and I understand a lot of things about it, including, having the surgery doesn't work like magic and stop your bad habits.  Also, I have allergies to over 25 foods.  I have consulted with several dietitians including one that works with bariatric patients.  They basically threw their hands up in the air about my allergies, etc. and the bariatric dietitician said there were too many risks for me to proceed, that a lot of the things I am supposed to have are made of allergens I have.  Also, my gastro and urology doctors don't want me using artificial sweeteners at all, and that is another issue that conflicts with the surgery.

At this point I have to look at the surgery and say no and no to any hopes of it.  The increase of my weight is related to my inability to exercise etc. due to my health issues.  I do not sit and eat all day.  I have cut out a lot of foods due to my allergies.
Not that simple with all of my medical conditions.
T Spine Dumbbell Twist | Trunk Rota...
1 hr ago by gymdandee
iluvshihtzus joined this community
Welcome them!
MH Community Mgr added the Blood Pressure Tracker
Track your weight over time